insuremyride
I just started to hunt for insurance and saw this insuremyride mob on tv,does anyone use them?

If so any probs?
My girlfriend made a claim through these guys on her bike after an off and they were fast and friendly, no problems.

My previous ride, 2006 Suzuki SV1000S, was covered by Western QBE for a annual premium of about $550. When I bought the busa I called them and switched the new bike over with them, and, stupid me, I didn't even ask what the premium would be (I assumed there wouldn't be much difference). I got the premium in the mail - over $1800!!!!!!

Needless to say I got on the internet and have just taken a policy with InsureMyRide. Same coverage, lower excess, $830. Nearly $1000 cheaper!?!!
Ferg Wrote:My girlfriend made a claim through these guys on her bike after an off and they were fast and friendly, no problems.

My previous ride, 2006 Suzuki SV1000S, was covered by Western QBE for a annual premium of about $550. When I bought the busa I called them and switched the new bike over with them, and, stupid me, I didn't even ask what the premium would be (I assumed there wouldn't be much difference). I got the premium in the mail - over $1800!!!!!!

Needless to say I got on the internet and have just taken a policy with InsureMyRide. Same coverage, lower excess, $830. Nearly $1000 cheaper!?!!

I just paid my policy with insuremyride $764.00 not bad for my riding record ;)
I've got my Busa insured with Insure My Ride. They worked out heaps cheaper than QBE, (who I've had pay out issues with in the past). No claims yet but certainly no issues to report.

Speedzalot Wrote:I just started to hunt for insurance and saw this insuremyride mob on tv,does anyone use them?

If so any probs?
just make sure you havent had a licence suspension at all for the last 5 years as they will not pay out, I know because I had a suspension for 3 months 4 and a half years ago and no pay out lucky it was only minor damage.
Mmm, thanx heaps for the tip Dirty. Definitely good to know. The buggers always have a clause somewhere when it comes to them having to pay out.

dirtydog Wrote:just make sure you havent had a licence suspension at all for the last 5 years as they will not pay out, I know because I had a suspension for 3 months 4 and a half years ago and no pay out lucky it was only minor damage.
Cam Wrote:Mmm, thanx heaps for the tip Dirty. Definitely good to know. The buggers always have a clause somewhere when it comes to them having to pay out.

Just make sure that whatever info you tell them originally is true & correct.
The slightest little "white lie" which they find out about will void any contractual agreement. ie - no payout.
Their funny as i rang suncorp for my insurance and told no way then jumped on net found insuremyride and got quote $160 quartley. When asked who are they as i never heard of then they are owned and backed by suncorp group which part of suncorp anyway go figure.
PS RACQ just laughed and said no way dude even with a clean record over thirten years no speeding fines or trafic offences and a rating one on car.
I have a Dumb newbie question as this is the first time i can afford insurance... when applying for insurance online, does the company send someone out to check the bikes condition etc?
insuremyride is owned by the suncorp group i use them and am happy as i find good pricing and good service.
Quote:I have a Dumb newbie question as this is the first time i can afford insurance... when applying for insurance online, does the company send someone out to check the bikes condition etc?

Nope.

heaps of insurance companies are owned by suncorp now. they do that to make it look like there is some competition out there.
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
supersoldier Wrote:I have a Dumb newbie question as this is the first time i can afford insurance... when applying for insurance online, does the company send someone out to check the bikes condition etc?

It all goes back to what you tell them when you fill out the original documents / application. If you tell them the bike is better than it actually is & you make a claim, they will usually find that out when they inspect the bike for the claim.
At that point you will find that your insurance has been cancelled.
ive just insured my mint 08, but im away most of the week, i didnt want my application to be cancelled if i wasnt home to get my bike checked, sounds dumb but i dont know much about this stuff.
nice bike choice mate any mods
just a puig and a set of M4 slip ons... anyway $1770 to insure it, i dont have a no claims bonus so im thinking thats why its so high, im 33 not 18.. oh well.