Shannons or QBE
Bon Wrote:Ebike were the best for me by a bloody mile. Give them a try.

My insurance is up for renewal so thanx for the tips lads. So far the best I can do is who I'm with- Insure My Ride at $542 with a $400 excess. This includes $2000 worth of riding gear. I do less than 8000kms a year though.
A couple of years ago, I asked Shannons for a quote and to cut a long story short, I did not qualify as their version of "Motorcycle Enthusiast". I'll give just about anyone a second chance, so recently I tried for an online quote for them and the 'Bus isn't even listed on their model selection.
EDIT: Post deleted, found the answer to the question in reference of this thread...... cheers.

Stay Upright Coolsmiley
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]

Shannons actually suggested i try ebike and they were $300 cheaper come in at about $580.
I pay $625.00 per year with Shannons for full comp insurance, agreed value $25000 for my 07 Turbo Busa all mods declared. Ive had a claim with them and they were great to deal with. Be very careful to read the small print with Ebike insurance. Under their "scope of cover" If a uninsured 3rd party damages your bike you are only covered up to a max. of $3000. Fire and theft you are only covered up to $10000. No matter what the agreed value is. Its all there in their product disclosure statment, under Scope of cover. So basicly if you get hit by an uninsured drive and your bike gets written off the max you can get is 3k, if its stolen or burnt max you can get is 10k. Be careful what you are paying for.
Cam Wrote:

My insurance is up for renewal so thanx for the tips lads. So far the best I can do is who I'm with- Insure My Ride at $542 with a $400 excess. This includes $2000 worth of riding gear. I do less than 8000kms a year though.

Mine was up with Shannons-wanted $703 Went with E bike $445 This includes $2000 worth of gear for rider & pillion & 24h roadside assist (this is for a 2006 Honda Fireblade)
cheers Tom Pi_thumbsup
QBE all the way $1050 under finance 5 year riding history. Rating 1. And most of the others wont do aggred value. $4K riding gear cover and $19k value on my 06 Bus. Suncorp suk.
2CUTE4U Wrote:Seriously, some interesting stuff here about both companies, but have quotes for mine and they are pretty much similar. Not too bad considering my colourful driving record, but also a rating one. For me, both are around the $850 mark for fully comprehensive insurance...

Now to decide, Shannons or QBE... Any extra info on who's better rather than the already mentioned info? Almost seems as though they are much of a muchness. Funny that my first quotation from another company was around the $1800 mark.

Qbe currently have a price match guarantee. What you do is surf all the internet based insurance companies, get the absolute lowest price then go back to Qbe and they will match.BIG DIFFERENCE people dont know is Qbe have a 2 year replacement policy for theft or write off versus the standard 1 year most other companies have. This is the big advantage. i have an 09 Busa with extras and Qbe did $678..I am very happy with that..
Hope this helps!!
I got 536$ from QBE on a agreed value of $9000 - quite happy with the deal.
bgaheer Wrote:I got 536$ from QBE on a agreed value of $9000 - quite happy with the deal.

sounds great dude! i figure $600 odd for $18000.00 for my policy is quite fair and reasonable!!
It always pays to do your homework in order to save'
Cheers
Biker
I insured my k9 Busa with QBE....only after quizing them, they said they would match any written quote......so i got one from insure my ride.......QBE matched it.......just under $700.......i was happy with that...................... Cheers
If it doesn't feel good........Your doing it wrong !!!
Scilaci Wrote:
bgaheer Wrote:I got 536$ from QBE on a agreed value of $9000 - quite happy with the deal.

sounds great dude! i figure $600 odd for $18000.00 for my policy is quite fair and reasonable!!
It always pays to do your homework in order to save'
Cheers

Shit,thats cheap,how old are you, 86?
an thats full comp an a agreed value?
Theyl burn us youngins are new arsehole when we try.
Watch when i get a quote,il get back to yous lol
Frown
I remember getting a quote once with qbe, an they wanted
to know how many traffic infringements ive had,which is fair
enough... But they wanted also wanted to know When!
Like EXACTLY when!
I cant remember when!
I dont keep them up on my wall or write them in a diary
Coffee
hey guys im with shannons my self and i dont think i got a bad deal, i did shop around,when i had my accident last yr shannons was great they got my bike repaired reall quick,

i do alot of reading of these topics and you really have to shop around but i must say that shannons have done me well
Just got off the phone with Shannons. $10,000 cover for a 2002 Busa came to $456 for me. There may be cheaper out there but Shannons are so easy to deal with, I reckon its worth it.