Free Computer Help
Yep thats right.
I will offer free help for your PC.
Types of probs would be...spyware, slow computer, problems with software or maybe you just want me to tweak it for performance.

How is it done.
Email me with your problem and I will let you know if I think I can help.
djpete(at)tpg.com.au

Basically you make a free account at www.logmein.com
email me your username and password.
I will have a go.
Uninstall the software when you are done.

Whats in it for me?
Nothing, I just hope that buy doing you a favour you may mention or recommend me to your friends if or when they are looking for a good quality host or web designer.

That's it.
No catches.
Pi_thumbsup
I can certainly speak in favour of DJ, he was incredibly helpful with my 'puter last week, time was no problem.

Thanks for your help bloke.

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
My hats off to anyone who offers to fix PC software issues for free.

(DJ mate, you may regret that offer but good onya)
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Ok pete one is on the way problem with remote conection i can connect to server (remote) but no program there Confused
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
bloody damn svhost.exe hogs my comp at boot up for ages. I hear alot of ppl complaing about this particular prob. Just need to learn which services I can kill safely.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
rod r u talking about logmein?
if so you need to add a computer to your online control panel.
see instructions at logmein website
You poor buggers really need to switch to Fedora or Mac OS X. Ghastly
Licence Back!
Thx Pete at the moment im just using windows remote desctop conection with the ip address will give logmein a try and let you noPi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
the benefit with logmein is
1. Use it anyware even if you have work restrictions for example because it is all done through simple browser interface.
2. Less chance of having any compatibility issues with your pc and your work pc connecting as you are experiencing.
3. All you need is an internet connection anywhere in the world. Just login at logmein and a activex addon is installed and thats it.
That's all good Pete if you can actually connect to the net.
My problem is the 2nd PC in the daughters room now won't connect to the wireless network.
It was connecting no probs, I moved the PC while I replaced her desk, then put it back. Now it won't connect. The only thing I changed was the ariel on the network card. But that's not the problem. It can "see' the network, & the signal strength is max.
Iv entered & re-entered the network password. Double checked it & entered it again.

Just won't connect. Stuffed if I know why.
Busgo?...
Louwai Wrote:That's all good Pete if you can actually connect to the net.
My problem is the 2nd PC in the daughters room now won't connect to the wireless network.
It was connecting no probs, I moved the PC while I replaced her desk, then put it back. Now it won't connect. The only thing I changed was the ariel on the network card. But that's not the problem. It can "see' the network, & the signal strength is max.
Iv entered & re-entered the network password. Double checked it & entered it again.

If the network card in the slave computer (your daughter's) is seeing the host PC but can't login, I suggest you try renaming your daughter's pc computer name and then add the new name to your host pc as an allowable partner.

If this is the only slave on the network, you might want to try changing the password master for the network access as well.
I.E. like setting up a new home domain.

I won't go into specifics because they are too variable to be precise.

(Why did you need to change the aerial?)
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Very Happy
BUSGO Wrote:
Louwai Wrote:That's all good Pete if you can actually connect to the net.

If the network card in the slave computer (your daughter's) is seeing the host PC but can't login, I suggest you try renaming your daughter's pc computer name and then add the new name to your host pc as an allowable partner.

If this is the only slave on the network, you might want to try changing the password master for the network access as well.

Pete takes notes in corner...Pi_thumbsup
BUSGO Wrote:If the network card in the slave computer (your daughter's) is seeing the host PC but can't login, I suggest you try renaming your daughter's pc computer name and then add the new name to your host pc as an allowable partner.

Thanks Busgo.
Will give it a go.
I have 4 PC's in total on the network.
The mian unit, My daughters, My lappy & my work lappy.

I had a "remote area" ariel on this one cause in the house in Brissy it was a fair distance from the wireless point & the house was all double brick. (several internal walls as well), so reception wasn't good.
Here in Melb it's only i the next room so doesn't need the high sensitivity ariel.
Well Busgo & Pete,
It's now working. I thought I'd try something else.
I got a long cat5 cable & ran it from the main PC to the daughter's pc. All worked, no probs.
Then I just unplugged the cable, tried to connect to the wireless again (entered the same network key) & bugger me, it works fine.

Flamin amazing........