RSV4 - Aprilia
Just wondering if anyone caught the RSV4 release a couple of months ago? I been away a bit so haven't kept up on the news here.

Anyway, there was a lot of talk of Honda producing a V4 Busa beater a few years back, something to emulate the MotoGP 990 bike (although that was a V5). Well Aprilia had beat them to it with their WSBK entry, the RSV4. It's only 1000cc but being a 65 degree v configuration, ample torque and a modest 207 bhp at the crank. For now. The engine is still under development and more on this bad ass bike is here....http://www.gizmag.com/aprilia-rsv4-racebike/8870/

Whilst I would advocate the pros of the recently released 1098R, which is a complete weapon, this RSV4 has some promise. Probably not in the quarter mile regime, unless you can lengthen that wheelbase just a tad more, but I can only imagine the RSV4 will be around a long time particularly if it comes out with some traction control technology like the 1098R.

PS
When are we going to see a Desmosedici and 1098R comparo?
We ride Busas Very Happy
Egos; everyone got one
xocet Wrote:Just wondering if anyone caught the RSV4 release a couple of months ago? I been away a bit so haven't kept up on the news here.

Anyway, there was a lot of talk of Honda producing a V4 Busa beater a few years back, something to emulate the MotoGP 990 bike (although that was a V5). Well Aprilia had beat them to it with their WSBK entry, the RSV4. It's only 1000cc but being a 65 degree v configuration, ample torque and a modest 207 bhp at the crank. For now. The engine is still under development and more on this bad ass bike is here....http://www.gizmag.com/aprilia-rsv4-racebike/8870/

Whilst I would advocate the pros of the recently released 1098R, which is a complete weapon, this RSV4 has some promise. Probably not in the quarter mile regime, unless you can lengthen that wheelbase just a tad more, but I can only imagine the RSV4 will be around a long time particularly if it comes out with some traction control technology like the 1098R.

PS
You're still off playing with Italiano Exotica Travis! Comne back to the real power brother, we don't handle like your 1098 (the only bike in the world that has a countdown in it's name 10, 9,8) but will eat it pretty well anywhere the road is a little (read; LOTS) straighter!Egyptian

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Madmax Wrote:
xocet Wrote:Just wondering if anyone caught the RSV4 release a couple of months ago? I been away a bit so haven't kept up on the news here.

PS
You're still off playing with Italiano Exotica Travis! Comne back to the real power brother, we don't handle like your 1098 (the only bike in the world that has a countdown in it's name 10, 9,8) but will eat it pretty well anywhere the road is a little (read; LOTS) straighter!Egyptian

Mate, since letting go of my 03 I'm still chasing torque. The 1098S is freakin fenomenal, buckets of torque down low and amazing top end for a v-twin, even for a screaming 4.

But in my quest for more torque, I went and bought an XR650R. WHAT!!!??? A BRP????? I know it only produces 50 hp, but the down low torque on dirt is bloody awe inspiring stuff.

Better not talk too much on dirt riding, that'll have the busa police well and truly pissed off....
xocet Wrote:
Madmax Wrote:

PS

Mate, since letting go of my 03 I'm still chasing torque. The 1098S is freakin fenomenal, buckets of torque down low and amazing top end for a v-twin, even for a screaming 4.

But in my quest for more torque, I went and bought an XR650R. WHAT!!!??? A BRP????? I know it only produces 50 hp, but the down low torque on dirt is bloody awe inspiring stuff.

Better not talk too much on dirt riding, that'll have the busa police well and truly pissed off....

Lol, go the Busa torque police
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!