Michelin pilot powers
I have a michelin power race (soft ) on the back and ive never felt such a planted rear tyre.I use it for the drags and it hooks up real good.The power one is the newer model to the superceded power race and has a pointier profile for faster turn in.
how much are those michelin power one's that look like shinko's?

is that what your using spaman?
power race is the one i,m using its the superceded model.heaps better than a shinko for cold grip and the grip last better thoughout the life of the tyre and its 1kg lighter.shinkos when they spin flare straight to redline,when the michelins spin its only little slip by slip,they still hang on when there spinning.
Being new to a Busa, I'm still grappling with finding the right tyre combination for my style of riding. At the moment I'm running a Pilot 2CT on the front and Pilot Power on the rear. Looking ahead, I'm going to stick with the 2CT on the front and probably replace the rear with Pilot Road 2. I'm hoping that this combination will produce a confidence inspiring front end and better wear from the rear without compromising too much on grip. Any comments, thoughts and feedback from anyone currently running Pilot Road 2 on the rear of their Busa would be most welcome and appreciated.
Hi PXXM,

Read my views in thread "Michelin pilot Road 2 ?" I think the PR2 are fantastic. I use them on both front and back and have not had any problem with slipping etc.

BTW the 2CT just describes the dual compound technology that Michelin uses on either the dual compound Pilot Powers or dual compound Pilot Road. I assume you are keeping the Pilot Power 2 on the front when you say you are keeping the Michelin 2CT on the front.

Cheers
steventh Wrote:Hi PXXM,

Read my views in thread "Michelin pilot Road 2 ?" I think the PR2 are fantastic. I use them on both front and back and have not had any problem with slipping etc.

BTW the 2CT just describes the dual compound technology that Michelin uses on either the dual compound Pilot Powers or dual compound Pilot Road. I assume you are keeping the Pilot Power 2 on the front when you say you are keeping the Michelin 2CT on the front.

Cheers

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Steventh. Yes, I'm going to keep the softer PP2CT on the front and replace the rear with the harder compound Pilot Road 2.