More questions on Turbo kits
G'Day, I am seriously looking at installing a turbo kit on my 04 Busa.

I have read the links and did a bit of a search but unable to find out exacually what I am looking for.

Basically I want the bike to run on normal unleaded fuel.
I really want a kit that I can install myself with all the pieces that i need and if possible all cut to lenght ready to bolt on (if possible)

I want to run normal pipes (like Staintune etc) No dump pipe or the like.

I don't want to really do any engine modifications so what is the rear wheel hp going to be about using some of these kits?

It is appreciated if someone can help me out with some of these questions.

Thanks.
The RCC stg 1 ,4 psi wastegate ,full exhaust .should be around 220hp
http://rccturbos.com/index.php/Product-C...ducts.html for the extra exhaust options.
Actually the Velocity is another option,but it doesn't have the external wastegate, so there are less options on minimum boost levels., full exhaust etc are optional extras there too.
if you want more boost look at the water inj as an option to give a wider safety margine.
[quote=bbluesilver]
G'Day, I am seriously looking at installing a turbo kit on my 04 Busa.

I have read the links and did a bit of a search but unable to find out exacually what I am looking for.

Basically I want the bike to run on normal unleaded fuel.
I really want a kit that I can install myself with all the pieces that i need and if possible all cut to lenght ready to bolt on (if possible)

I want to run normal pipes (like Staintune etc) No dump pipe or the like.

I don't want to really do any engine modifications so what is the rear wheel hp going to be about using some of these kits?

It is appreciated if someone can help me out with some of these questions.

Thanks.
[/quote
I have the RCC Stage 1 Kit fitted & am happy with it. Easy install & everything marked . My bike produced 230 hp with 8lb at wheel on premium fuel. You will have to cut dump pipe back at flange & have a pipe bent up back to exhaust.Are you running Power Commander,if not you need to. After install you have to trim your fairings around pipes & air filter. Kit comes with a map for the Power Commander but you MUST get it tuned properly. Be prepared to spend more than you plan ! I say that because boost is adictive,the more you got the more you want & thats when things go bang & next thing you know the motor is decompressed 9:5:1 pistons with base plate,adjustable timeing gears, blackbird injectors,boost bleed,blow off valve. But on the bright side you now have 275hp at 14 lb on premium. Good luck.
RCC stage 1, a good kit has all the bits in the kit, i fitted one up hear in Darwin my self with no problems.....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for the advice and link.

Had a look at the link and all that i could find were parts.
I couldn't find any kits listed here. (I must be looking in the wrong place or doing something wrong)

I should of mentioned this before.
I was planning of getting somewhere between 260-280 hp.
Is this still possible in kit form and running on normal unleaded fuel with full exhust?

Sory for all the questions. Just want to be sure before juming into anything.

Thanks.
you will get those figures easily but sooner rather than later something will melt and you will have to the the engine mods you didnt want to do in the first place so for safety i would be running no more than 6lbs of boost @ around 220rwhp all day everyday on pump fuel
Don't worry about absolute HP, put a turbo on then tell everyone its got 450hp on pump fuel.....unless you take it to the long black (or white as the case may be) dyno, no one will know the truth and you'll have a reliable bike with 200hp and still hose off a stocker!

You wouldn't be the first!

Leonard.Biker
Sorry thought you would have that
http://rccturbos.com/index.php/Product-C...ducts.html

6 should be safe on good 98 but seen too many have probs at that, i think our fuel is quite variable in its quality, 4 is safer, not everywhere has 98 ,
what do you mean by normal unleaded ??
Ok thanks for the advice. Appreciated.

I guess I class normal unleaded as just you regular unleaded. Not premium or the like.
Do you have to run Premium ok just the regular standard unleaded ok for turbo use?

If I wanted to run like 260-280 hp what engine mods would be required and can you get these as a kit as well? (still running on pump fuel)

What is the impot tax on these systems as i see that they are from Canada?
I know if things are under $1000 there is no tax.

Thanks for all the info so far.
bbluesilver Wrote:Ok thanks for the advice. Appreciated.

I guess I class normal unleaded as just you regular unleaded. Not premium or the like.
Do you have to run Premium ok just the regular standard unleaded ok for turbo use?

If I wanted to run like 260-280 hp what engine mods would be required and can you get these as a kit as well? (still running on pump fuel)

What is the impot tax on these systems as i see that they are from Canada?
I know if things are under $1000 there is no tax.

Thanks for all the info so far.

Highest octane available is always preferred, if i'm in he sticks and can only get std unleaded i'm careful not to load the bike , essentialy not boosting..
260-280, look at decompressing with a .080 cyl spacer ,and head studs, i also like to deburr and ceramic coat the pistons,

Isn't it always under $1000 ???
Ok thanks, As the goal was originally to get around the 260-280 hp I might have to look at the engine work after all.
It doesn't sound like there is too much involved to get the motor up to the standard to run this HP

It looks like the stage 2 kit might be the better option then as you get the spacer and a few other bits.
Then agin I could go for the satge 1 and get the spacer and water injection as the added option.

It is a bit confusing as this is the first time.
Basically I still want it to be an every day rider on 260-280hp if at all possible and still reliable. If it isnt't I might have to go back to the 220hp option.

Thanks again. Sorry for all these questions.
easy to step up the boost, add a boost controller or a regulator and you can turn it up as high as you have the motor built to take,
what you can't do is make less boost than the wastegate is set for, usually best to keep the boost level low and step it up gear based ,
once you turbo its no longer how to get more power,more how best to use what you have.