Hey, alternator problem???
Well i'm justin, have a 99 black and red called hellina, she is a lil sick.
i used to be a member here i think i was number 604, from rockingham in WA. cant remember my log on details...can you help? throught it was a battery problem but checked and the battery is only being charged at 10.4 volts so i believe it is an alternator??? has anyone had this prob before ? could it be a fuse? is it expensive to fix?

Live on gold coast
how you goin justinkelly definately sounds like an alternator problem your best bet would be to go to your favourite bike shop on the coast and get them to check it out for you. it should not be to expensive to fix may be a new fuse or something.

by the way i live on the gold coast to.
Do a search for alternator, there's been a few probs lately. Check the connections to the reg/rect for blackening is a start.

Leonard.Biker
justinkelly Wrote:Well i'm justin, have a 99 black and red called hellina, she is a lil sick.
i used to be a member here i think i was number 604, from rockingham in WA. cant remember my log on details...can you help? throught it was a battery problem but checked and the battery is only being charged at 10.4 volts so i believe it is an alternator??? has anyone had this prob before ? could it be a fuse? is it expensive to fix?

Live on gold coast

Hey justin I had exactely the same problem with my 99 red /black found where alt wires join at connector one wire in connector was loose inside connector impossible to see or feel just getting hot and eventually shorting out causing low voltage/flat battery.I soldered wires together new battery and it screams like all red/black do.hope this helps.