Hello all in need of a little advice
Hi all i am a like minded bike nut who like nothing more than a quiet set of twisties with a few good mates. I have two kids both fathered by Suzuki a 92 Limited addition rgv 250 and my pride and joy an 05 busa, the only problem i have is after servicing the busa prior to our regular sunday morning run (motul 7100 and hi- flow filter) the beast has a bigger rattle than a millionares baby, i can only be described as some what anal with my maintenance and do the same thing every time any suggestions would be great ?
I guess rattles can be many things. Try indicating or describing. My offhand guess would be cam chain tensioner when still cold before notching itself up a notch (its auto adjust).
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Hi volvi motor was quiet as a mouse before service and at idle you can't haer a thing under load it sound more of a clatter at the rear of the motor, have found one sollution in the way of a Brocks 1397 fit should fix rattle and increase excitment factor
I suggest you stick to 3100 GOLD or 3400 oil that the engine is designed for.
The 7100 may be causing the noisier engine, OR, maybe they just didn't put enough in.

The high flow filter will also add to the engine noise level.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Hi Bugso I have always run the 7100 since first service without any dramas always change the oil at 3000k intervals with new filter also drain the oil to check level and thier was 3.3l, don't understand how it can go from beast to busted by just a service when i have done the same thing every other service cheers
Sorry I assumed the changes were done at the service.
In that case, maybe they left the crankcase breather pipe disconnected.
I'd lift the tank and see if there is anything amiss.
The black pipe should run from the top of the gearbox to the airbox.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
This sounds a bit harsh, but it can happen.When they fitted the air filter some kind of small metal or other particle found its way into the inside of the air filter / air intake and was sucked into the cylinder when the engine was started.I had a similar problem a few years back,an apprentice servicing an engine lost a tiny washer from his top pocket.He started the moter after the service and discovered it had developed a mysterious rattle.I ended up stipping the engine and found the remains of the washer embeded in the piston .
BUSGO Wrote:Sorry I assumed the changes were done at the service.
In that case, maybe they left the crankcase breather pipe disconnected.
I'd lift the tank and see if there is anything amiss.
The black pipe should run from the top of the gearbox to the airbox.
Thanks bugso just about to start pulling things apart will let you know what i find. Excuse my ingnorance but how and what would the breather pipe casue to rattle and is this terminal? Finding a usefull mechanic in my area is next to impossible.