Getting Closer
REVIT13 Wrote:from memory i had 2 extra heavy duty springs and 4 heavier springs.

nothing wrong with loud matt for your application!
Yeh Con, Some heavy mixed with lighter springs is normal to find the right weight.

Yeh Ian my application isnt too loud, (sitting in the shed)
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
The Horndog is edging closer to the 9's with some good passes yesterday.

Mph has lifted and bike lifts violently in the earlier gears now.

Would be good to see it run at the next fast friday or the hi tech titles to sneak it in this season.

It will happen this season. Go Matt!
Its raining now but forecast is good for tommorrow and we will all be cheering Matt down the track tommorrow for his final chance this season to get into the 9's.

I sense it will happen tommorrow just hopefully we are side by side at the top end.

Horndog you can be my Wingman. Pity Chookie is working.

Talk later & Drink Later.
THought it was about time I got back on here and gave an update. As my build was nearing completion I had the fun episode of eperating form my wife so the build went on hold. 9 months later things are looking up and I have taken a different approach to the Busa.

Im not ready to reveal all the mods taking place yet as I want to see some dyno figures and decide whether any more changes need to happen but I will show a pic of it as it stood a few months ago.

Mods I will reveal,
2" sump
9" over arm
12" over tail
450cc injectors
AEM piggy back ECU
braided lines
Hays clutch
Cylinder spacer and studs.

More to be revealed as I get the mods done. I hope to come out strong for the new season in W.A. starting in Sept.

Look forward to seeing my mate back on track and experience the sound of your bike flying past me like i am standing still. Was good to have you in my corner for the last 2 seasons. Roll on Sept 2010 for you. Me i reckon it will be Oct 2010 :)
I would like to congradulate Matt on finally running his first 9sec run yesterday you really deserve it after all the frustration and distractions youve had over the build once again congrads from Warhead Racing...
Good stuff Matt! Must be a good feeling after this long journey...
Thanks guys it was a great feeling to go out and pull a PB of 9.42 at only 140 mph on 9psi. I had major clutch slip on the new Hays and am slowly learning how to get that sorted. Hopefully an 8 is not too far away.

I really appreciate the support and help from Troy and Hank at Warhead racing for motivating me to push through to finish the build. Still a lot of tuning on the engine and clutch to go but I am ecstatic about the results after only about 12 laps.

Also a big thanks to Maj and Brett Ghedina for all the technical knowledge imparted to me without prejudice. I would be more than happy to pay it forward with the knowledge I have gained on a turbo build to anyone who wants to know. I am not one to fear being bettered by someone else because I gave away my learnings. I am satisfied in the knowledge that I have achieved many milestones through out my build and lets face it, you can build the fastest bike in the world but you still got to string it all together on the day to win a race.Biker
Congrats Matt , into the 8's today
Thanks Maj, Was a big suprise to me but I will take it. Getting the clutch sorted now and not getting any wear on the plates so Im in the ball park. Im happy with the 1.44 60ft too!
The lap was a 8.929 at 155.7 mph with a couple of wheelies and slight back offs then a missed gear. Looks like it has the potential for mid 8's like I was hoping.
Congrats mate fantastic effort
(10-03-2011, 02:32pm)horndog Wrote: The lap was a 8.929 at 155.7 mph with a couple of wheelies and slight back offs then a missed gear. Looks like it has the potential for mid 8's like I was hoping.

Clap horndog I've been reading all your threads about you & your bike and glad to hear that it's all coming together and with all that going to get into the 8's you must have had a real blast and sense of achievement after that run.

Good Luck with the Progress and hope you do better than the Mid 8's that your looking for.

Rev004
he even has an airborne photo that he needs to post up from cackling pipes. both tyres are off the ground :)
8.664 @ 158mph. Consistent 1.42 60ft

Bikes running absolutely great. Seasons over for WA now so a few small strengthening mods for the off season and hit it hard in October for the new season.
Fantastic effort Matt. well done Trophy

Leonard.