Heli Bars
Hi Guy;s.

Well before I sell my Busa because of my neck being to low I have fitted Heli Bars which I can say are so easy to fit on a K8.

Ok I'll be back tomorrow if weather is good up my way and report in to let you guys know how I went.

Best
John
Thanks John
piperjon Wrote:Hi Guy;s.

Well before I sell my Busa because of my neck being to low I have fitted Heli Bars which I can say are so easy to fit on a K8.

Ok I'll be back tomorrow if weather is good up my way and report in to let you guys know how I went.

Best
John

I for one are keen to here your thoughts,as this was my only complaint after test riding one
John

I would also be very interested in your findings. Any chance of some photos?
gazzabusa Wrote:John

I would also be very interested in your findings. Any chance of some photos?

Ok on the photos, as soon as I can and a report.
Cheers
John
Thanks John
[attachment=3714][attachment=3715]Well guy's I must say they fixed the problem I had with my neck. I have 4 dropped vertebra's in my nick after a truck smash in 2001 and cannot put my head right back, I've lost 20% so they say. I had lots of trouble when riding my Busa with pain some times ever while ride, that's if I hit any bad roads. Now I don't have to tilt my head back as far so that is fixed now. Also because I am up more then I was before I'm not sitting on my hands. So I'm happy with the out come. Thanks Easyriderimports for getting them for me Thanks Ray.
Ok some photos you will see the bars on and sitting up at the back.
You can see more if you go to www.helibars.com
Thanks John
Last year i purchased a spacer plate of 38mm made specifically to fit the Gen 1 busa online from GenMar Manufacturing (US) was around $200 and took 10 mins to fit - just take out the 4 bolts holding the handlebars down lift and slide the spacer in and re bolt with the 4 new bolts supplied. The spacer is black so almost no one notices it. You can also get one 19mm thick - I just looked on the website and they have made one for the K8. Nowadays i can do 1000klms on a weekend with no neck, wrist or shoulder pain Biker

www.zianet.com/GenMar/

[attachment=3717]

Cheers Ruffy
Hi Ruffy,

My heli bars are 1 5/8" higher, and 1/2" back. as you can see from this photo they are easy to fit which how to fit comes with the bars.
I'm happy with what I have. I think that who ever makes things to help people like me and you should told on these forums so we can go from there. If I had not seen the little bit about Heli Bars I would've sold my bike because of my problem. How many other guys may have done the same or not bought a superbike because of the bar problem.
Cheers
John
[attachment=3731]
Thanks John
Thanks for the info guys - very heplfull. Either of these looks like a good option to make things a lot more comfy on the long runs.

Cheers

Gary