Bridgestone V Michelin V Shinko AUST trip
Louwai Wrote:For big klm's you can't go past the Pilot Road's. I've said several times before, I've got over 21000klm out of each of the last 2 rears used for general everyday commuting & weekend riding.

Just put an M3 on the rear. Will be interesting to see what I get.

You wont get those sort of kays on an M3.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Dan85 Wrote:the road 2 is ahead of the bt020 in my opinion. i had an 020 on the rear of my 99 and it would break traction alot. so far on a bike with more power the pilot road 2 had only broken traction once but they were still very cold and i was being a douche bag.

Cheers Dan , gotta get those tyres warm Ghastly
[Image: photo3.jpg]
i had michlen pilot on the back ( not a road 2 just a pilot) and that thing is absolutly dangerous.
its back off teh bike, probably only put 2000 k's on it and it hasnt even shown signs of wear yet!

i need a new set of hoops now, decisions decisions.....

Whats MCA got on special this week??????

Jes
Gnarbunkle99 Wrote:
Louwai Wrote:For big klm's you can't go past the Pilot Road's. I've said several times before, I've got over 21000klm out of each of the last 2 rears used for general everyday commuting & weekend riding.

Just put an M3 on the rear. Will be interesting to see what I get.

You wont get those sort of kays on an M3.

Yeah I knew I wouldn't get the same, but just thought I'd see how it goes.
I've had an M3 on the front for the last 3 changes. Matched with the Pilot Road on the rear & I've been getting 11000klm to 13000klm from the M3 on the front.
Will see how M3's front & rear perform.
jessie928 Wrote:i had michlen pilot on the back ( not a road 2 just a pilot) and that thing is absolutly dangerous.
Jes

Coudnt agree more Jess i had the pilots on once & hated them turn in was great but being bigger the bike use to wallow in the rear in sweeper even with my suspension fully sorted it freaked me out.
I was exspecting the same with the road 2's, i fitted them only to achive the milage for a trip which they did well. But to my relief they were nothing like the pilots very solid.
Gear rack loaded & an extra 100 or so HP on tap ate up the roads

shane
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
jessie928 Wrote:i had michlen pilot on the back ( not a road 2 just a pilot) and that thing is absolutly dangerous.
its back off teh bike, probably only put 2000 k's on it and it hasnt even shown signs of wear yet!

i need a new set of hoops now, decisions decisions.....

Whats MCA got on special this week??????

Jes

I'm with you. The Pilots are absolute shit. Even though I've clocked about 8000 K's on these suckers, it was a very uneasy 8000. Could not push them anywhere near as hard as the Bridgies and were dam scary in the wet.. Horses for courses I guess, but I think I'll be going back to the Bridgies this time.......
Id go for the pilot power 2ct in 190/55.Or the pilot road 2 if you do a fair few k,s more leisurely.
spamanglenn Wrote:Id go for the pilot power 2ct in 190/55.Or the pilot road 2 if you do a fair few k,s more leisurely.

The guy at Susuki suggested the same thing. It may have had something to do with their problem with supplying Bridgestone. To be honest, my last set of Pilots did leave a bit of a bad taste. However, if anyone has any more up to date info, it would be much appreciated.
Nutz,

Until recently I kept up with most on the Jindy weekend on Pilot Road 2 rear (15,000km so far and still heaps of tread) and M1 on the front.

I recently replaced the front with a Michelin PR2 to match the rear. I was concerned that I would slip all over the place but having done the 120km of twisties between Orbost Vic and Delegate NSW Im very impressed. I only scraped the pegs once so I may not be pushing hard enough for the tyres to reach their limits.

Ive just bought a second set of PR2s for my Ducati 749 thats how good I think they are (what a Sport Touring tyre on a Duc??). I do lots of Ks (30,000 in 10 mth on the Busa). Again, maybe I dont push them hard enough to discover thier shortcommings.

Are they the best tyre - no, but their is no agreement on that. Are they a great all round tyre - I think so. I certainly do not feel at a disadvantage using them, my riding ability is exhausted long before the tyre has reached its limits (including track days).

If you want grip and not interested in life go soft (pick any reputable manufacturer), if you want life and excellent grip the PR2s are a great choice.

Steven
You know they do make differnt tires for different purposes - maybe you should pick one that suits your purpose you can only get so many bias opionions (including my own) before you have to get off your arse and try something or make an informed decision (Lord knows there is enough info out there now). Until recently my experiance with Bridges were foul, but when I couldnt get hold of another PP2CT I put on a BT016 rear and have been plesantly surpirsed but I have bought another new set of PP2CT anyway cos they suit my style better. Small shops will try and sell you what they supply or get supplied with discounts where they make better margins - larger shops will give you a more un-bias opinion but not really as half the sales people havnt actually ridden on the other brands so you are still going on thier personal experiances as well. As Steven said; if you want ultimate grip choose a soft tire from any rep man (Pirelli, Mich, Bridge, Dunny (yuk!) ) you want life you have to sacrifice some grip, PP2CT for me have a good comprimise FOR ME
Egos; everyone got one
Thank you both so much for your input. You're both champions in my book Trophy. I think I might take the advice and run with it. So I'll book my baby in for this week end and get them to throw on a set of PP2ct's. Will give you the run down once I give them a bit of a run. Once again, Thanks Lads.....