Turbo Build Update
Rev-it tells me Ive been a bit slack and havent put an update on my build for a while so here is a couple of pics.
The engine is decompressed, turbos on, fairings cut for air filter etc, wiring 98% complete. Exhaust and wastegate are on

Stuff to do; Fuel rail, fuel pump, weld up intake plumbing, finish off dash with some gauges and leds, restrict oil feed to turbo, route tubing for boost gauge & boost controller etc.
start, tune and ride.

There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
looks freakin awsome man....turbo busa Drool
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
Lookin good nice work.
yes matt turbo talk has been quiet of late. hope to see your handy work soon.

i'm sure the drag season starting next week will give you a spur along.
it's getting closer now. hope to see it fire to life on sunday.
REVIT13 Wrote:it's getting closer now. hope to see it fire to life on sunday.

Err yeh, Well I have dialled in the cams and checked the valve timing for the hundredth time and I am now 100% sure its spot on, no error codes on the dash, got fuel, got spark, got backfiring Confused

Chook Chaser is bringing his bike around tomorrow to help me out with some testing of my bits on his bike and/or vice versa. If I got no luck with that then I think I may have to look at redoing the harness from scratch or trying to pick up a stock harness.

I finished the fuel system off today so I now have a return system with a BEGI rising rate regulator and a Bosch 910 pump. I may have to shorten up my fuel rail on the left side as I didnt allow enough room for the protrusion of the speedflow fittings but we will see once the tank is on.

All that is left is the boost line plumbing for wastegate and wire in the rest of the gauges.
nice work mate hope to see you at the drags soon
looks good horndog nothing like building youre own unique turbo system from scratch keep up the good work and well done
cheers aquajett
its alive! not long now and it will be time to race the HORN DOG!

Good onya Matt.
Hey Horn Dog most guy's seem to go with the bosch 044 ,will the 910 do the same job, i am running secondarys also. Not that i'm a cheap skate but there in a diff in price.Keep in mind my bike is for an every day ride
A bosch 044 is too big for anything other than an out and out race motor.......

Users dont think about all the excess fuel getting heated up by needless circulation.

But it will work.

Leonard.
Well now that I have actually made some progress suppose its time for an update. The bikes running atlast yeehah.

Just got to get some 6mm hose for the wastegate, BOV and boost controller. I made a booboo and made the fuel rail about 10mm too long so thats got to come off and get a cut and shut. The tank hits the fuel fitting on the end of the rail.

Had an exhaust leak at the flanges so the headers came off and I had to build up the mating surface to head as it wasnt quite flush with the rest of the spigots. All good now.

The BEGI FMU is dialled in on the static pressure and all I got to do is dial in the rising rate (still got to read up on that bit.)

It appears that there is a little bit of oil coming out of the exhaust but I think it may be fuel buildup from my episode of backfiring and lots of attempts at starting when I had a couple of wires around the wrong way on the ECU. I have a 2mm restrictor in the oil feed line so I am hoping that I dont need to readdress that one. THe turbo is mounted quite high so scavenging shouldnt be an issue.

I fitted a car tacho to the bike but it is reading half of what it should. It is set to 4 cylinder so I am not sure what to do there. Any suggestions?

Got my Petrik ECU interface finished off tonight and have tested with the gauge function. I got some error codes off the ECU interface C21 and C22 and found I had missed an earth on the atmosphere and intake air sensors on my last rehash of the harness so fixed them up.

I am really looking forward to my first reflash of the ECU and setting up a shift light from the pair valve switch and also removing the 6th gear limiter. No more TRE required. Ended up costing about $80 to make the interface. Easy to make and will open up a world of tuning capabilities. maps for each gear, fuel and timing. Shift light, quickshift and much more.

ECU interface below, unfortunately I couldnt get the correct 4 pole on off on switch so I had to use 2 2 pole switches.

Hey Horndog things moving along nicely bet you cant wait for the first run.

If the Tacho is anything like the Shift Lights I sell you will need to set it 2 Cyl.
Shayne
abusa Wrote:Hey Horndog things moving along nicely bet you cant wait for the first run.

If the Tacho is anything like the Shift Lights I sell you will need to set it 2 Cyl.

Only goes down to 4 cyl damn it! I am picking up the signal from the yellow/blue wire from the ECU. I wonder if tapping into the crank or cam sensor would be different.

Very itchy to hit the track but gotta make sure its all spot on first. Plus tech inspect and UDL licence $$$$$
Crap! I dont think I can use this tacho, anyone know if it is possible to double a tacho signal?