It's arrived
[attachment=4346]My turbo arrived from the US this week. 2nd hand but it looks great to me,still have another box on it's way through customs. Thanks for your help Maj. Will need some other bits & pieces to complete it but not too much.My busa still impress's me stock, what the hell is it going to be like with this bolted on.
MCXpress kits are a nice design, thats going to feel like a 2 liter busa and take "impress" to a whole new level Coolsmiley
Well the day has arrived , my bikes ready, couldn't sleep last night ,a bit of nervous anticipation .This going to be good. I'll post some pic's later.
Nervous anticipation?????? I'd be shitting bullets....... Better you than me.Scary
awesome mate can't wait for the pics!
Looking forward to reading your first impressions arthur. Ya lucky bugger!
Go Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the turbo fold my friend you will love it and from now on look at a standard busa in a completely new way.
(24-07-2009, 09:48pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: Welcome to the turbo fold my friend you will love it and from now on look at a standard busa in a completely new way.

+1, welcome, either way you'll need new undies.... from either shit or excitment. Scary
7.95@175mph, that's gota make me the quickest dog groomer in OZ Biker
Pro StreetBike Smitten
Thanks to my crew and sponsors:
IM Compsoite Technologies www.imcomposite.com.au/
Country Brewer www.countrybrewer.com.au
Hydrodog Cranebrook http://www.hydrodog.com.au/
(28-11-2008, 08:35pm)arthur dunga Wrote: My turbo arrived from the US this week. 2nd hand but it looks great to me,still have another box on it's way through customs. Thanks for your help Maj. Will need some other bits & pieces to complete it but not too much.My busa still impress's me stock, what the hell is it going to be like with this bolted on.

hey mate congrats on turbo mod

quick question did you save much by going 2nd hand out of the states.
i am leaning towards turbo as well just wondering if i can get the 9 thou budget(all new and fitted) down a bit without headaches?
Thats all going to depend on how good a deal you get , and how similar what arrives is to the description, i have a kit here at the moment thats going to cost more than planned as the turbo is f****d, luckily the seller is a standup guy and offering to make things right,and i know its a second hand kit with no expectation other than a functioning unit so it looks like we will share the costs of recoing the turbo,
another i brought was nothing like described and pictured and worth about 1/4 of what i payed..
and you have to remember things have a definite life, old turbo kits can crack headers, have worn out turbo's , split plenums ... generally you get what you pay for
Maj summed it it up well, i've had wins & loss with second hand. I do it this way cause i have too, cannot afford new, if i had the bucks i'd buy new for sure,takes the risk out. I'll give a more detailed story in a couple of weeks when i've had a chance to get accustomed with it, got a months holiday for being reckless, gives me a bit of time to tidy some loose ends with it.I'd like to say i'd given it a little bit of stick up the road & it's pulling like a freight train but thats a fib cause i carn't do that yet. Maj has done a top job of the install & tune, looks & sounds pretty stock which is what i wanted.I'll post some pic's tomorrow.
cant wait to see and how it goes and what super glue u use on the hand grips.
busa, love em
So, how is the new track-bike going then? Pi_tongue