Poll: Run or stop
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Stop on the spot with a long stoppie.
20.00%
2 20.00%
Gassit Fred Gassit - Try to get to town and hide
60.00%
6 60.00%
Slow down and try the "Saw a fast bike fly by" line
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Run like a Dog V2
Hi there,

Here is the scenario for the next "run like a dog" poll. This poll is generated from a response to the last poll. I am going to try and make it a bit more 50/50 as to try and get human reaction rather than decisions based upon logic.

You are on the XYZ highway, out in the country. The road is nice and flowing, and you are making decent progress up in the middle to high hundreds, with the occasional squirt. You have 3/4 tank of gas which you purchased just before the Latte at a town a little while ago.

You come across a sign that says major civilisation is about 50km away, ie a Newcastle sized city. After the sign, in the bushes is Officer Dibble, in the car with the radar gun pointed at you.

Do you run or stop
Here is the KEY to the discussion.
[attachment=4367]
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Not necessarily the next town. Actually, not the next town. What would they most likely expect you to do? What would you most likely do?

Being on a bike on a road makes you an easy target. Radio comms, thermal imagery, one escape route. I know what I'd be doing. It cost me an unregistered untraceable bike once, but it was worth every cent.
G'day
Is this the time and place to tell you of a mate of mine on his 'bus, cruising north at night from Sydney to newcastle...spotted Magna with flashing red and blues in his mirror...checked speedo "whoops, I'm doing 160 and I have no points to spare, but Magnas don't go much quicker than this, and I have the Sunday rego plate on"...so gunned it up the Freeway in the traffic at speed.
Radio is quicker than even a 'bus. But some minds are not. The coppers at the next exit (which my mate did not take) were out of their car on the overpass watching for him. By the time they saw him, got to the car, got in the car, pointed the car in the right direction, he was long gone.
So he took the next exit to the old Peats Ridge Oak milk bar...closed, but you can still park around the back in the dark, shivering from cold and fright and adrenalin, hoping the coppers didn't follow...
Then he took his jacket off so he'd be less easily recognised and continued to Newcastle in the cold and still hoping the coppers didn't follow...
And they didn't.
Regards
kevin