Arista taken over by CALLIDEN
I got a letter from Arista a few weeks ago to alert me that they had been taken over by Calliden Insurance Limited.
I have been with Arista for at least 10 years and had no claims.
My renewal for the K8 BUSA turned up yesterday.
The agreed value has gone down from $18500 to $16400.
The cost of the policy went up from just on $600.00 last year to $664.

Calliden are trading as "FAMOUS MOTOR INSURANCE" and claim to be for the enthusiast (sounds a lot like Shannon's).
They still offer an over 40's plan and you now have an option to include riding apparel.
You can do an online quote at www.famousinsurance.com.au

Just as a test, I did an online quote using the same details that are on my renewal and the price came out to about $900.
I think I'll just renew the current policy.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Didn't they change to Calliden as their underwriters last year or the year before? I remember getting a notice naming Calliden.
QBE has the clothing and after playing Arista against QBE, QBE became the cheapest policy that included the clothing.
Have been with Arista and QBE alternately over the last few years, Arista when QBE wouldn't reduce their premium to suit.

QBE since my write-off in 2004 because they added $1k to the final sum after we spoke a little harshly about "Market Value" in Sydney verses Canberra. Give me more money - get my business.

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
i got my renewal from Arista (now famous insurance) and its gone up
anyone dealt with famous insurance?
Busanthony Wrote:i got my renewal from Arista (now famous insurance) and its gone up
anyone dealt with famous insurance?
I got my yearly reminder from QBE, it's gone up $200 and reduced the value to 23K - remember I have lots of chrome and shit so look for agreed value.
Will ring them all tomorrow looking to see who really wants my business. Shanno's aren't in the running as I ride the bike most days to work. QBE and Arista are the usual suspects who end up bidding against each other.

I'll come back to this thread with the final. Betting against Arista and for QBE this year. Anyone got bike insurance that covers clothing, helmet etc?

Famous (ex Arista) went for $899 casual riding only, QBE $900 anytime riding and value back to $24k. Will go with QBE I think. Thats including all the now usuals, Clothing, helmet, boots up to $5000 and going back up to $24k from the $23k they sent with their reminder note.

Give Ebike a try they have the over 40 thing, my 06 is insured with them full comp with $300.00 excess and $4000.00 riding gear and breakdown, roadside assist and my premium is $345.00 a year.
My Premium is also with ebike for under 40 and premium is about 600 on a new 08 busa.
Bon Wrote:Give Ebike a try they have the over 40 thing, my 06 is insured with them full comp with $300.00 excess and $4000.00 riding gear and breakdown, roadside assist and my premium is $345.00 a year.

I tried Ebike - to insure my Black and Grey for 24k, it has a bit of bling on it, Ebike quoted me $1211.00, I didn't take their option, but did get a phone call less than an hour later asking why I hadn't taken their offer. When I explained they were too expensive, by $300, they further explained they couldn't reduce the offer but would consider lowering their price in future and goodbye.

Funny people.
Well my claim against Calliden is now in progress, although they are persuing the other driver who said she was with NRMA.
My excess is $500 and I may have to pay up front to get started but they are confident of getting a result and returning my no claim.
Estimate for bike repairs came to $4,900 and add $400 for a new helmet.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Hope it goes well for you Busgo.....let me know when you're taking the spanky new blue for a run.
After QBE paying $11,700 to repair the Black Busa (minus $500 excess)after my damage at Tathra I got my renewal in the mail this week.

They offered to renew my insurance by reducing the agreed value from $24k to $22k and increase my premium from $900 to $964.

I rang and spoke to a charming young lady. We went through the list of additions as the list they had sent my obviously wasn't written (typed) by someone who knew bikes.A few additions and a few deletions.

After going through the list and her speaking to her supervisor she agreed to continue the agreed value at $24k and the premium at $964.

QBE are certainly on the money when it comes to negotiating a win win situation in my garage. Plus that, they agreed to replace the frame rather than repair it after I spoke to them directly after getting nowhere with the arssessor.

Thank you QBE.

Max