Penrith KK 2nd Jan
Anyone keen for a meet up at Penrith KK Friday 2nd Jan around 7ish?
Hi There

Sounds good. Not sure if we will be on he bike or in the car, as I have to get a new fuel filter first.
Sorry guys. I'm out again! Keep at it though. I WILL join in soon! Hope you get a good turnout...
I will be there with a friend .
No other westies coming outWtf
Hi There

Well we did the KK meeting. It was good to catch up with those that attended: Leonard, Travis, Guido, Garry, and John, as well as ourselves.

We left just before the rain, got a bit wet on the M4.

Look forward to the next catch up, hopefully with a few more attendees.
The rest of us left on mass at 9pm when the rain started to get a little serious. I found out my front brakes don't work when they get wet. Tried to brake for a corner near home & the lever felt so wooden it wasn't funny, ended up using the rear to pull it into the corner & entered quicker than I would have liked in the wet. Held it tho. Did a couple of hard stops in my street to dry them out & they started to make a funny noise. Is this normal to any degree?
Hi Travis,

In the wet slamming the brakes on does little for braking performance. The rotor will be cold and wet, although much moisture will have been dissipated by the rotation of the disc. In the wet I find that you need to apply the brakes earlier, and ramp up the pressure gradually so that the rotor and pads come up to temperature. I will sometimes ride the brake lever, you feel it when it bites, and then it is usually better but not by much.

What was the funny noise? A shudder can actually be the tyre skipping.
It wasn't so much slamming them on, I use the gradual pressure technique as well, they were just wooden feeling & didn't get better. The noise was like a howling type noise, similar to the noise truck brakes make when wet.
I think I must just get some ferodo sintered pads for it, mine might be getting a little low.