Gen2 motor
Ok you turbo guru's im looking at buying the required parts in from the U.S. so i can start the process so when it comes time to get my turbo kit ive got everything ready. things ive so far thought of are:
1.Spacer( should i use a head or base spacer)
2.stainless valves and hd springs. do i need gen2 specific valves or are they the same as the gen1's? also do i need new retainers or stem seals? have i missed anything to do with the valves.
3.i saw Maj mention studs. would i need to modify my block to use studs? do i even need studs or could i get away with retensioning the the factory head bolts? studs seemed pretty cheap so if there the way to go then no point cutting corners.

id really like my bike to handle 280-300hp on the odd occasion i can find some race fuel or get water/meth injection but mainly i just want an ultra reliable low 200's(not sure i could handle much more anyway hahaha) so i figured id start buying the parts in now so that everythiing is ready to go when the time comes. cheers guys
Regards

Dan
G'DAY DAN, IN MY POST LAST WEEK I'M SURE IT WAS GEN1 SPRINGS AND THEERE ARE 2 OF THEM INSTEAD OF 1.

RCC USE A GARRETT T28 BUT THIS IS EASILY UPGRADEABLE FOR MORE BOOST ETC.

PROBABLY WORTH VISITING THE RCC SITE AND SEE WHAT THERE KIT INCLUDES BUT YOU WILL NEED A FMU UNIT AS WELL. AT LEAST THE AUD IS ON THE WAY BACK UP AT 70+CENTS

YOU SHOULD SEE 240 WITH NO DRAMAS. IN LOOKING AT THE VELOCITY KIT THERE IS NO MENTION OF THE UPGRADED SPRINGS WHICH KIND OF SUPRISED ME.
the rcc kit doesnt come with the springs as far as i know. and i want to do the valves aswell. i like the rcc kit more than velocity but from my car days im more of a fan of external wastegates not sure why i just trust them more. having said that velocity seems to have alot of good turbo bikes running around. in regards to fmu what do most people use? stage 1's id assume it would be a pc but stage twos come with an fmu dont they? 240 is more than what i want on a daily basis id prefer down around the 210-220rwhp as the first stage then up around the 280-300rwhp mark on second stage.
Regards

Dan
http://www.rccturbos.com/index.php?page=...Itemid=129

you can see whats included and what are extras, fmu is included but engine manager like pc3usb is not,you need both .on a fmu system (its the fuel pressure regulator)

Turbo is not a gt28 its t3 based
thanks Maj.
Regards

Dan
Dan,

Velocity= no after sales help (unless you live in US) reason, too busy with guys from the US.

Also, I dont understand why so much talk about actual Hp, Hp is realated to how much boost you push through the engine.

I rather have a 200-220hp Busa that runs like stock any where you go than a 280 handgrenade that can pop at any time.

Good luck with it.

Leonard.
can to much boost destroy your bike, i know on the street i'd probably run only 5-7 psi and on the track bump it up to somewhere around 20psi
bigfoot Wrote:can to much boost destroy your bike, i know on the street i'd probably run only 5-7 psi and on the track bump it up to somewhere around 20psi

yes. how much is to much i dont know. depends on the motor and whats been done to it like anything.
Regards

Dan
You'll need a full fuel system & prob intercooling to support 20 psi boost. Fmu just wont do it safely. Pistons & rods also would be cheap insurance if running 20 psi.
20 psi on a big turbo is outlaw territory 400-500hp.

Every part of the motor needs attention and every part of the chasis to take advantage of the power.

Or just shortcut the whole deal and buy Youngblood's bike, all done, ready to race and win!

Leonard.
Youngbloods would be cheaper than starting from scratch, the setup alone would save a couple of seasons learning the hard way.
20 psi on a nearly std engine doesn't last long, mine found a weak link in the rod....when i pushed the street engine too hard..couple of $k later it was going again...that money would have brought a nice set of rods and pistons and still had beer money if done before hand ..
bugger, at least its running again