o2 sensor position
2fast4uGot another one for you fellow turbies , my innovate xd 16 gauge has gone terminally into E8 error after doing all the warm up s**t , and with the o2 sensor only three inches from the turbo ( i have the rcc stage 1 kit and the xhaust is only 10 inches long) i reckon i,ve killed it - so is it worth making a longer xhaust or just buy another sensor and try again ? - no dramas either way , just dont want to waste time doing something i didnt need to,
Cheers and beers
PhilfyBeer
Haerera Wrote:2fast4uGot another one for you fellow turbies , my innovate xd 16 gauge has gone terminally into E8 error after doing all the warm up s**t , and with the o2 sensor only three inches from the turbo ( i have the rcc stage 1 kit and the xhaust is only 10 inches long) i reckon i,ve killed it - so is it worth making a longer xhaust or just buy another sensor and try again ? - no dramas either way , just dont want to waste time doing something i didnt need to,
Cheers and beers
PhilfyBeer

I've got an MPE G4 datalogger and my O2 sensor only seems to be acurate at WOT, I've heard of another couple being the same Confused mines afew inches from the end of the dump pipe.
7.95@175mph, that's gota make me the quickest dog groomer in OZ Biker
Pro StreetBike Smitten
Thanks to my crew and sponsors:
IM Compsoite Technologies www.imcomposite.com.au/
Country Brewer www.countrybrewer.com.au
Hydrodog Cranebrook http://www.hydrodog.com.au/
My race bike is not positioned much different, usually killed with lead before the heat gets it, make sure your sensor isn't at the bottom of the pipe or condensation can cause probs, and if your worried about heat you can put a spacer adaptor in to get it out of the airstream a little, still reads the same in this cooler position.
Backwash on a short pipe makes them innacurate, hang a rag over the end if you want short duration idle or part throttle readings but don't leave it there long....
I mounted mine in the straight section of pipe in between the dogbone and sump, although I had the full exhaust system so not sure if that helps.
Shayne