K9 Weight
My Nephew just put a deposit on a r1 today, and I was looking at the H/P and weight ratio.

Comparing them to My K8 I went to the AUS and USA Suzuki Web sites and noticed that the K9 Busa is 260 KG`s ( kerb weight) as opposed to the K8`s 220

Is this correct ??? Doesnt seem right to me
K8 is not 220, i think its a bit more than that, like 257 KGS wet, could be wrong.. I know the Gen 1 is approx 217 dry weight approx 254 kgs wet.
Just refering to the stats given by Suzuki.

Seems like a big difference between the K8 and K9 for what appears to be the same bike except the paint
if you check stats you will see they all refer to the Gen1. Or as far as im aware. It was never updated on the suzuki site

Wheight, engine displacement and all the rest of it
Peregrine Falcon - Capable of slicing winds at over 300km/h
Hayabusa - Capable of carrying my arse to over 300km/h
Dry weight of the GEN II as listed on the distributed handbook, service manual and advertising pamphlets is 220kg dry. There are 27 litres of fluids when fuel tank is full.
Where does anyone that says it is heavier get their info from?

There have been items on the Gen II that have received weight reductions compared to the Gen 1 such as,
All the plastics are lighter, some engine components are lighter, the wheels are lighter and so on.
Of course the exhaust system is a bit heavier than the stock Gen 1 but that is easily fixed.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
The scales at wsid.one bike after the other.Very Happy
2 or 3 kgs diff is not a lot but I think that the stockers would be pretty much the same except that the 99/00 model with the alloy subframe is about 3kg less.

Back to SUZ#5's question.
Dry weight is without all the fluids and Kerb weight is with all the fluids.
So at the end of the day a wet GEN 1 is about 257 and a wet GEN II is listed as 260.
It then comes down to which exhaust system you live with.
Regards BUSGO
k9 weight = bigfoot...........sorry bigfoot...hee hee.
c'mon me feet aren't that heavy

what is this pick on bigfoot day, seriously!!!
kawasuki Wrote:K8 is not 220, i think its a bit more than that, like 257 KGS wet, could be wrong.. I know the Gen 1 is approx 217 dry weight approx 254 kgs wet.

i was wrong i have been told that the Gen 2 is approx 270 kgs wet. mine looks a bit skinny at 220 kgs wet, and could less in the near future.
kawasuki Wrote:i was wrong i have been told that the Gen 2 is approx 270 kgs wet. Makes mine look a bit skinny at 220 kgs wet, and could less in the near future.
hand book states 220kg dry with about 30kg of liquid. not sure how close the hand book is to reality. if i could find scales that are accurate down to kg's instead of tonnes id throw mine on and see but i dont know any scales around hahaha
Regards

Dan
Dan85 Wrote:if i could find scales that are accurate down to kg's instead of tonnes id throw mine on and see but i dont know any scales around hahaha

Easy done.

Step 1) Put 'busa up on race stands, front and rear.
Step 2) Slide a pair of $10 scales underneath the front and rear wheels.
Step 3) With the help of a friend, lower the bike off the stands and hold it steady.

It'll be fairly accurate, and you'll get weight distribution figures too.
hmm good plan.
Regards

Dan
Don't forget to strip down to your undies, suck in your belly and stick out your tongue.
This gives a better result too!Roll
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:Don't forget to strip down to your undies, suck in your belly and stick out your tongue.
This gives a better result too!Roll

Step 4) Post to the Damsel thread Fatman