Poll: Of the 4 choices which would you be more likely to attend.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bathurst
48.84%
21 48.84%
Dubbo
13.95%
6 13.95%
Griffith
20.93%
9 20.93%
Tallangatta
16.28%
7 16.28%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Future ride venues.
I have been out on the road for the past week or so checking out some locations for future club rides.
I have had a few considerations to look out for such as accommodation, roads in and out and distances from major centres.
I should say that I have done this entirely of my own accord and the other Admins didn't know what I was up to so I'll wear any flack that may ensue.

I was trying to find somewhere central to most members and unfortunately we can't cater for the NT, WA and TAS members unless they want to do a long distance trip.
The current venues have been Jindabyne for about 5 trips and Nymboida for 4 trips plus the Qld'ers do a lot of weekend stayovers.
These have all been great runs except for the bad weather that is impossible to predict around the snowies.
I have not considered specific hoon type loops or other matters for this trip because the idea is to get there and back home with a group of mates and then relax, meet and party with the other members once at the destination with maybe a day out doing the local tourist traps.

Ok here are my suggestions.
Bathurst, Dubbo and Griffith.

Bathurst is always a great destination and is not far away from most members in NSW and is about halfway between QLD and VIC and a similar distance from SA depending on where in QLD you may live.
Bathurst of course has the Mountain track and racing museum.

Dubbo has tons of accommodation and the roads in and out from most directions are pretty good plus it has the Western Plains Zoo for a popular day out attraction.

I have included Griffith due to its location, although it is further away for the QLDers, it is much closer to the SA members who don't get out to see us much. There are lots of vinyards and other attractions in and around Griffith and the roads are real cannonball run material from all directions.
It may sound like a long way away but I just did the trip out and back from Newcastle (830Ks in each direction) in a comfortable day each way. Maybe not comfortable if you are two up though.
Anyway, I'll attach a poll to gauge interest in the suggestions.
Timing would possibly be around mid MAY or alternately mid SEPTEMBER.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Might make this a sticky for a little while.
Regards BUSGO
Hmmm , this has sparked some interest for me ..... I am from sydney = so where will the ride start from ??? ( roughly )

Boc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
For you it will be Sydney... surprise surprise.
Regards BUSGO
i like the sound of bathurst and have to say griffith sounds like another good one! im gonna have a looksie on goggle maps n see whats there! Very Happy
We have been toying around with Ward and his hotel in Talangatta, jusat inside Mexico also. Is it possible to include that in your poll please little bloke?

MaxAustralia2BeerAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Nope sorry Max and Ward. It is not central enough for all the eastern states.
I reckon that it would be a terrific venue for anyone travelling to the island though and suggest that it should be their overnight stop either there or back or even both.

Maybe the VICs should do a run up to Tallangata for an overnighter sometime and test it out.
Regards BUSGO
griffith has all the attractions!!!!!! and we have great roads tons of great accomodation great pubs..EXCELLENT FOOD,
winery tours ..did i mention the food??? plus tons of other bikers around who would prolly love too go on a meet and greet ride and the food is great!! lol
oh plus we have a great wildlife park as well but app only...its pretty cool called altina wildlife park at darlington point.
you get too be taken around on horse drawn carts and arvo tea beside the river .giraffes ect
Bathurst is way to close for me, NT would be cool
did i mention the food and grog??
Quote:you get too be taken around on horse drawn carts and arvo tea beside the river .giraffes ect

WTF?? - we ride hayabusa's cheeky, and drink beer. Beer

Horse-drawn cart would want a big flucken turbo on it, maybe we could get 500 nags tied to the bastard and have a 500 horsepower cart. LOL Lol3

Might be able to fill up my boogie-board cover while down there though. Coolrasta
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
Madmax Wrote:We have been toying around with Ward and his hotel in Talangatta, jusat inside Mexico also. Is it possible to include that in your poll please little bloke?

MaxAustralia2BeerAustralia2

Ruffy mentioned this to me on Thursday night when we met up. I'd be interested in at least knowing more about this??
Ward's motel at Tallangata has always been listed in the Accomodations thread.
Here is the link
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...p?tid=7855

I dropped by a week or so ago and it is a lovely motel and the roads are great.
I'm not counting it out for club runs, just not for this purpose based soley on the location.
Regards BUSGO
BUSGO Wrote:Dubbo has tons of accommodation and the roads in and out from most directions are pretty good plus it has the Western Plains Zoo for a popular day out attraction.

I'm in for Dubbo.
They also have a great Astronomy observatory which is open to the public 7 nights a week.
they put on a very good tutorial & have a few 12" scopes set up for the public to look through.
http://www.golden-highway.com.au/dubbo_observatory.htm