Front Wheel - Bearing and Rotors changed - Thanks Horndog
HI Guys,

Finally changed the Rotor and Bearing today on my bike - all thanks to Horndog a.k.a. Matt.

Excellent bloke Trophy, learned a lot about turbos and bike in general.

My bearings were stuffed beyond imagination. There was about 1/2 inch play in the front wheel when we pick it up on the stand.

spend around an hour changing both the rotors and bearings and same amount of time discussing bikes - my clutch issue etc.

Once again Thank you Matt for all your help Trophy, it was a job very easy with all your help.

BTW, the best part of the entire job was the 140 KM to and fro ride to Matt's house.

PS: will post picture of the stuffed bearings in some time. please let me know if anyone needs me to write a do -it yourself writeup.

Cheers,

Bill
Cool! I have some pullers that do the front bearings too if anyone needs them. Not particularly good ones, but they do the job.

Cheers
No worries Bill, was good to meet another Forum member. Glad we could those bearings out cos they were shockers.

Dont forget to get those new dust seals and front axle nut. (movement in the wheel has grooved the nut/spacer where the dust seals rub.)

Shame I havent got a road worthy bike for the coffee meet on the 17th. Maybe I should get another Busa for the road?? Although after riding a B-King I think that would be more preferred for the street.Drool
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
Just an additional note for you guys/girls out there with a few k's on the Busa. Check for wheel bearing play with the front of the bike lifted off the ground by the forks so there is no weight on the wheel as per Bills photo above. Once we lifted the bike up by the forks we realised that the play was ALOT worse than previously felt with weight on the wheel.

When you click on the bearing photo above and see there is actually a couple of balls missing out of the bearing you will appreciate the seriousness.
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
Tathra 2010 - Best Non 'Busa.
Tathra 2011 - Best Non 'Busa.
Idiot2
knock the bearings out and take them to your local bearing supplier, there common sizes
just get c3 clearance bearings when you identify the number
Tathra 2010 - Best Non 'Busa.
Tathra 2011 - Best Non 'Busa.
Idiot2
Sprockets may look fine but for an extra $100 I wouldn't muck around if they are no good they will stuff a new chain in no time