New front springs
I have been talking to racetech about new heavier front springs and modified damping, all so I can kick your average viffer rider round corners (not that I need any help).

Has anyone played with heavier springs on the front?
Any feedback?
Bruce
<i></i>
How soon we forget.
I'm HR manager who of course does annual performance assesments on all - ALL- staff members.

I'm open for inducements Bruce
<i>Edited by: Blackzook at: 15/9/05 9:41 pm
</i>
Yep i have heavy spring in front,but then you will need a rear shock to even things up.
I am always here Bruce. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Ray,
What weight did you get and where from?
I'm happy with the rear.
Unless you can offer a staff discount? Bruce
<i></i>
Bruce I got my spring supplied and fitted by Motorcycle Weaponry I think it was over 1kg spring it dosent botom out anymore. Yes there is staff discount, being in such a big company I dont know what your heading is .?? Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
He's cleaners mate second class. He helps me take all these goodies home to clean (and evaluate through a rigorous testing program that means we cannot give it back)

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Burn the Copper Silver and Gay Mardi Gras Pink!!!
Red/Grey and Blue Blacks Rule!!!<i></i>
Saw your bike at Kogarah yesterday Bruce. It hadn't been touched when I was there at 2:30pm.

Any news yet?
"sometimes, crime does pay"

Customer Service & Complaints Division
Easyrider Imports
www.easyriderimports.com.au

<i></i>
We've been through this before Bruce.
You only have to lose some weight,(and I don't mean any more limbs or appendages), and the Busa will handle ok.

Rgds BUSGO
<i></i>
Bike is at the shop cause the fork seal is leaking. This is related to the accident in Feb. They replaced the leg and it is still leaking. The shop has told my insurer that the new leg is stuffed. Hopefully it wont be out of action for the next drags night.

Looose weight you must b kidding I'm a nine foot tall anorexic as it is.

Ray,
The springs I'm looking at are .95's Im told they are best 4 90 od kg's you cant be much more than that. Are yours too heavy? Bruce
<i></i>
I have some 1.1kg's springs in a set I ended up using on the track BUT way too hard for the road for me ... no luggage and no pillion. I went back to 0.9's WP's

Have currently a Gixxer radial brake front end going in the Bus and have fitted 0.88kg's in them...... will be awhile before this project is finished. <i></i>
Im actually also just considering putting in stronger springs. Id be going for 1kg springs. do you guys reckon its important to improve rear spring if fronts are changed? <i></i>
I put .9's in the front of mine (75kg) from Racetec but left the rear spring alone as the racetec spring and valving calculator suggested it was ok for my weight.
www.racetech.com/evalving...mctype.asp should give you some idea of spring rates etc. <i></i>
Volvi,it depends if you find the std spring too soft?
If you do,then putting on a stronger spring will acentuate(spelling?)the softness of the rear.However as a rule of thumb,most jap bikes are under sprung in the front and the rears are generally ok. Phuck its the phantom!<i></i>
my fronts are terrible bottoms out alot. well i guess im on the 105kg mark all dressed. <i></i>
I find the rear to hard with no luggage and no pillion on the road plus the std shock has way too much compression damping std... for me that is.

like before the suspension posts go forever because its a personal setup. <i></i>