Poll: did you use a tuner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
no tuner
50.00%
6 50.00%
yes tuner added
50.00%
6 50.00%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

4 into 1 without tuners
Ran into a bloke with R77 4 into 1 on his 08 busa ,said it ran fine without any sort of fuel management on it which is contradictory to what i always thought. My question is how many people are running 4 inti 1 systems on their gen 2 busa's on not running pc3's etc
Hi DDDD,

This will be a good topic for a poll, though I dont know how to do this.
Posting a poll is quite easy when you are starting a new thread. If you scroll to the bottom left of the page, there is a box that says something like, 'start a new poll'. From there you just follow the guides. Even I've managed to do it.

Cheers

Now back to the PC3s.
Heidi1 Wrote:Posting a poll is quite easy when you are starting a new thread. If you scroll to the bottom left of the page, there is a box that says something like, 'start a new poll'. From there you just follow the guides. Even I've managed to do it.

Cheers

Now back to the PC3s.

Thanks Heidi , done
I've got the R77 with no added electronics and seemingly no detrimental effects. The Busa is bullshit fast so I am not going to make it go faster until I have a name like Rossi.
Some people say I have a bad attitude,
Those people are stupid.
ohdear Wrote:
Spud Wrote:I've got the R77 with no added electronics and seemingly no detrimental effects. The Busa is bullshit fast so I am not going to make it go faster until I have a name like Rossi.

Gen 2 run rich and richer with after market system. The fuel line (full power) is also much leaner in the under 6.5 K range than above it. if you adjust with the Yosh box then you can either have correct A/F below 6.5 K and to rich above or correct A/F above 6.5 K and to lean below. You cannot change the shape of the fuel line with a Yosh box hence a power commander or some other after market system to "straighten" the fuel line so that correct A/F is obtained thru out entire rev range. As for making it go faster Coolsmiley this is not the case, it's simply a matter of having the motor run with correct A/F the power gained is simply an advantage gained from correct fueling being obtained. Simply put the fueling is either correct or it's not >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> out of the box it's not even close Eek
If that is the case, my question is - Does running an aftermarket set, whether they be slip ons or a full system that create a rich environment, hurt an engine in any way at all for road use?
Running lean will cause damage but does running a little rich have any ill effects on the hardware?
I am thinking that the engine may just run a little warmer than normal.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
busgo if anything i think running rich means rather than lean means it runs a little cooler. also if its to rich could "wash" the oil off the bores and do your rings or so ive been told.
Regards

Dan
Thanks for your answer DAN, but I am baffled how running rich could possibly wash oil off the bores.
Any excess fuel will either burn slower or be expelled down the exhaust and burn off.
Regards BUSGO
from what i understand of what the fella telling me was saying was that if it is way rich the excess fuel will wash the oil off the cylinder bored then as you say run out the exhaust. he was talking super rich tho so i doubt this would ever apply to a factory setup with a pipe. i guess by washing off he meant partially disolving the oil with the fuel but who knows. he may have jsut been pulling my leg. sounded serious tho and i can see it might happen
Regards

Dan
how do you sniff a stock pipe with a wideband?at the exhaust tip? you cant feed a line down through the can and it wont go into your narrow band bung?You would have to weld a wideband bung in place to do it properly.
Ok, we've established that running Excessively rich is not good.
What about the question of running slightly rich as a set of aftermarket cans does and as most bikes are delivered from the factory?
Regards BUSGO
It aint critical, most of the time your engine is producing very little power so thats where you should get your fuelling right, with carbs you went up a size in main jet and did a wot run, chopped the throttle and pulled a plug to see. No one seemed to be blowing up their engines then or for that matter, the same goes these days with todays machines. Main diff is with digital FI there is more accurae control and a dyno base run is cheap peace of mind and a lot easier and legal than doing a wot run, chopping the motor and pulling a plug to inspct.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
Apparently the gen2,s narrowband pulls the airfuel back to 14.7 in the busgo range anyway.90-130k,s up to 30% throttle with non stock cans fitted,everywhere else it has no influence.An inquisitive mind with a dyno discovered this.AN inquisitive mind would also look at what happens to the secondary butterflies throughout the rpm range in different gears,and then fit a tre and see the difference.I still believe the factory has restricted the gen2,s quite a bit in the lower gears in a few different ways,ecu flashing later in the year will see by how much.theres more than one way to skin a cat.It seem no one with a gen2 has a knife or a cat.Confused