bigbore gen 2 ......don't
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/inde...8882.0;all
Scary
Hey Maj

I've seen this thread but there is a lot of answers to be found.

Personally i would go exchange gen 1 block if i go this path.

100 miles and buggered. Wonder how hard it was run in?

The guys in the states love making everything BIG and running NOS & TURBO'S yet this was an all motor application at this stage of 100 miles.

Makes an interesting read but when more engine builders comment on it i'll read it again to see what has been found & proven as gen 1 & gen 2 are basically the same with the exception of different cam chain adjuster, bigger crank, dual injectors & small change in porting of the head.

Also would love to know what compression these things are letting going at as well. 1 mile on the noise hey. how long would that be on one of these?
so does that mean if we want a 1441 we should be buying a gen 1 block and pistons? do the gen1 style aftermarket pistons even work with the gen2 rods? are the rods any different?
Regards

Dan
Dan85 Wrote:so does that mean if we want a 1441 we should be buying a gen 1 block and pistons? do the gen1 style aftermarket pistons even work with the gen2 rods? are the rods any different?
Gen1=20mm piston pin
Gen2=18mm piston pin
Blocks interchange, the gen 2 have the windage cutout std, use the std gen 2 gear with gen 1 block.
wouldn't have thought the cutout caused it... as the thread mentions cracking from the top down ...and i have cut gen 1 blocks for windage many times without probs,
Maj has it right.

The other point of discussion is were the engine all brand new?

ie had they been run much previously as a 1340. cure all the metals and let the blocks settle down with heat transfer etc. All the gen 1's have been a round for a while now. Just a thought.
There's quite a few 1441 Gen 2's in the US that make good numbers and last. But I suppose its like turbos.....some blow up and some don't.
I know of guys that will never run a turbo again.

Sometimes its bad luck and sometimes it bad assembly.

Leonard.
I remember when the turbo f1 cars were using old bmw car blocks because they were cured and settled blocks.After their first life they were then machined up to take 1200hp.Things happen and possibly suzuki could have made changes to the metallurgy of the gen2 blocks who knows,but a gen2 that needs good old gen1 parts to last, makes me smile.Very Happy
my 2 cents worth,Confused my 1397 has well over 20,000ks on it. it was at around 64,000 mark when it had the the top end off and it now has around 89,000ks and no problemsDrool

will let you all know how 1507 is when it gets fired up..
just a few more parts and then we can get the motor put back together
Yes
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

1507!! thats insane why not just bolt a turbo on it tho??
bigfoot Wrote:1507!! that's insane why not just bolt a turbo on it tho??

how many people have Boosted bikes.... a few

how many have people have a 1507......... bugger all

I have a Gen 2 for any long rides and my Bling Bling M 109 for cruzing
and the big bore Gen 1 will be just about a straight Drag bike with re-go plates Yes
Regards Richard.....

that thing wont ever get put back together. you may aswell turn it into a boat anchor. its only been sitting for 2 years:P
Regards

Dan
Dan85 Wrote:that thing wont ever get put back together. you may aswell turn it into a boat anchor. its only been sitting for 2 years:P

are young Sky Walker... the Force is strong with this one....
and my 5mil is sitting there waiting for the rods witch I am getting a shipping cost on as we speek.
and then will send out for my cams and a back cut tranny..

I have 2 of my bikes being sold real soon my SV 650 is going this weekend

and the FE 450 Motard will be gone in the next few weeks, and I sold the old ute 2 weeks ago. So I have some spare cash laying around to get it going...

arfter being on the Gen 2 it's got me all fired up to get the old dog going
it's the best thing I did buying my 08 Busa.... falling in love all over again with the HAYABUSA
Regards Richard.....

good better be going when i get up there in june!!!
Regards

Dan
I think that it makes sense to lighten up engine parts and frame on a 600cc bike to gain weight.But on bikes that will be battered on 1/4 mile tracks and will be turboed to 500 hp's???No..

Still there are many cases of k8 1000s' with broken frames.Why Suzuki keeps doing that?
Gen1,the best ever!