inserting pics
hey can anyone tell me (easily) how to insert a picture into my signature and the main body of text. Confused i tried to use the tutorials but they wouldn't run- maybe because i have vista? i'm much better at fixing turbines than i am using computers so any help would be appreciated!
Ludicrous speed- go!
just add this [img] at the start and this [/img] at the end of your image address which will need to be hosted somewhere.
thanks pete- kind of got it. managed to send a test pic as an attachment from my (work) computer drive but still couldn't get one as part of the signature. i think this method unintentionally had nothing to do with your advice but typing the [img] thing just wasn't happening for me. we have an outlook system here which acts as our email- when you say image address hosted somewhere do you mean it has to be on the internet eg in yahoo mailbox? as you can tell computers are not my best friends- though i am trying! if it doesn't get any simpler im going to have to get the wife look at it for me and i hate that because then ill owe her another one. she set up the avatar for me so im already down one!
Ludicrous speed- go!
if you have the pic hosted somewhere then just pm me the address and I will fix your sig for you.
You can host it here
http://imageshack.us/
ok will do from home as thats where all my pics live. actually wanted my avatar pic on the signature and was going to reclaim the two muppets from the avatar gallery. all help greatly appreciated (as well as saving me from grovelling to the wife!)
Ludicrous speed- go!
just an update on this now because it seems some people are still confused. Its now very simple to add a pic. Either upload your pic to imageshack or similar then copy the image url.
You can also copy the image url of a pic you find on the net that you want to show. In either case once you have copied the url then click the insert image icon in the editor when you post.
That will open a little popup box and just paste the url in there. Finish your post when done by clicking REPLY. Job done.
You can do almost the same to embed a Youtube video too. Grab utube url and click the little TV icon on the right of your editor, then choose YouTube and paste the url in there. Job dona again.