Just how do you ride a bloody busa ...
Fear. That's how I do it.

Fear of falling off.

Fear of getting booked.

Fear of having to let my employer know I've been booked. (Yes I have to do this one as they have access to my life history)

And the big ones:

FEAR of having to tell the wife.

FEAR of having to ask for some money to be allocated for the fine.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
(21-05-2009, 09:42am)Busdriver Wrote: Fear. That's how I do it.

Fear of falling off.

Fear of getting booked.

Fear of having to let my employer know I've been booked. (Yes I have to do this one as they have access to my life history)

And the big ones:

Exactly, And secondly ( the hard facts are ), dont blame the bike for speeding, it was fine till you hopped on and got in trouble.
I've been near 3 years on my busa, ride almost everyday, Weather permitting, and not one ticket...I say this touching the wooden leg of my table.
2 odd years before that, on a gsx 1400, not one ticket. Ten years before that in hot cars and modified 4x4's, not one ticket.
The key to success here is control..easy as.! No-one makes you speed. Just ride your own ride and don't speed. At the end of the day whos controlling who, you control the bike or does it control you ?..One of these two effects will get you dead or into trouble.

Peace
(21-05-2009, 11:18pm)Punchy Wrote:
(21-05-2009, 09:42am)Busdriver Wrote:

Exactly, And secondly ( the hard facts are ), dont blame the bike for speeding, it was fine till you hopped on and got in trouble.
I've been near 3 years on my busa, ride almost everyday, Weather permitting, and not one ticket...I say this touching the wooden leg of my table.
2 odd years before that, on a gsx 1400, not one ticket. Ten years before that in hot cars and modified 4x4's, not one ticket.
The key to success here is control..easy as.! No-one makes you speed. Just ride your own ride and don't speed. At the end of the day whos controlling who, you control the bike or does it control you ?..One of these two effects will get you dead or into trouble.

Peace

I agree totally, you are in control of the bike - not the bike in control of you!!Clap
. . . . .
Unless of course someone over takes you Biker or you see some great corners coming up Biker Biker or the motor is running. . . then you are absolutely under the spell of the god of blessed acceleration and all she can dish up. Basically, if you own a 'busa you're screwed and you will eventually get caught Police
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Im waiting for the god of licenses to revoke mine any day now Ive just moved to Coffs Harbour from Cowra in the states Central West (NSW) I left Canberra on the 20th of January on my Busa with the wife , two kids and my brother in law in a car following me (of coarse ) the day was great the busa running like only a busa can and I had given it a squirt on the open deserted stretches of road near Tamworth , After a fuel stop Gunedah I jumped on the bike to do the run to the Dorrigo Mountains BUT in a little town called Carrol just out of Tamworth A nicely dressed gentleman of the NSW highway patrol ruined my day after checking my licence and finding out I was a member of an outlaw motorcycle gang it was on . To cut a long story short after checking out my bike and pointing out the NOS and a few other bits he told me my bike was going nowhere but on a trailer . He handed out the fines totaling $1600.00 and drove off I gave him 10minutes to disappear and fired up and left !! I believe thats not the way to ride a Hayabusa or is it ??? I wait to be corrected or showered in laughter !
Yeah were nearly all stuffed, apparently there are some sensible people with self control who own busas unfortunately I'm not one of them. I donâ€t seem to garner much attention from the thin blue line with a stock busa, except when I speed etc but with a NOS bottle or a turbo I think you might as well have a rego plate that says “Pick Me” ?
(10-06-2009, 10:31am)SteveV Wrote: Yeah were nearly all stuffed, apparently there are some sensible people with self control who own busas unfortunately I'm not one of them. I donâ€t seem to garner much attention from the thin blue line with a stock busa, except when I speed etc but with a NOS bottle or a turbo I think you might as well have a rego plate that says “Pick Me” ?
True words !!!!!!!!!

Attached Files
.jpg   090527_112547.jpg (Size: 25.86 KB / Downloads: 349)
It's impossible. Thats like saying, eat a kilo of prawns , some tomates, capsicum & ham then 4 boxes of laxettes & don't shit. Pizza topping .
(20-06-2009, 12:13pm)arthur dunga Wrote: It's impossible. Thats like saying, eat a kilo of prawns , some tomates, capsicum & ham then 4 boxes of laxettes & don't shit. Pizza topping .

That's a bloody pisser of an answer.Clap...hard to type with the tears rolling down my faceRollLol2:lol3
How to ride a Busa without losing your license?
Well, just like any other bike!
Meaning; you can lose your license exactly the same way on any other bike (well perhaps not a Postie!)
Simple Answer:
Ride where the blue-shirts ain't. Like tennis, play the ball where your opponent isn't!
Alternatively, ride where there is no one else on the road or standing by the road with radar equipment.

Long Answer: Repeat the above (X1000) every time you get on the bike and start the engine.
It's impossible. Thats like saying, eat a kilo of prawns , some tomates, capsicum & ham then 4 boxes of laxettes & don't shit. Pizza topping .
Lol2ClapLol2ClapLol2Clap
(15-11-2010, 01:47pm)BJK1 Wrote: It's impossible. Thats like saying, eat a kilo of prawns , some tomates, capsicum & ham then 4 boxes of laxettes & don't shit. Pizza topping .
Lol2ClapLol2ClapLol2Clap
You ought to meet him in the flesh, he's got 100's of those .Was at Tathra 09

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Man,

Realy feel for you. For the moment I tried to imagine that it happened to me. Friggin horror!Scary
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(21-05-2009, 09:42am)Busdriver Wrote: Fear. That's how I do it.

Fear of falling off.

Fear of getting booked.

And the big ones:

That about sums it up for me too Pi_thumbsup
Isn't it a shame, in this fine country of ours, that speeding is now considered a more serious crime and allocated more police resources than invading an eigthy year old's home and bashing her sensless for less than a hundred bucks.....shame Australia shame!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(30-01-2011, 12:47pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Isn't it a shame, in this fine country of ours, that speeding is now considered a more serious crime and allocated more police resources than invading an eigthy year old's home and bashing her sensless for less than a hundred bucks.....shame Australia shame!

+1 Idiot2