Poll: is it worth $6000 plus fitting and tuning for 240 hp
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes go for it
86.36%
19 86.36%
just enjoy the raw power of the K8
13.64%
3 13.64%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

RCC stage 1 Kit. is it worth soiling yourself
I,ll run any 6psi kit in a roll on and through corners.bring your turbo along and we,ll swap bikes up the putty.I,ve seen a dyno graph for a 6psi kit on the same dyno as my bike and theres wasn,t much in it,and a non turbo bike will always be lighter with a flatter build up of torque out of corners.
spamanglenn Wrote:doesn,t sound as good on a bang for buck basis than a built motor for a gen2.I know which one i,d prefer in corners and at the dragstrip at stock length.turbo road bikes are better for roll ons and worse at everything else,it just depends whether corners or straights push your buttons.No argument they would supply a lifetime supply of adrenaline from acceleration when you get up over the 10psi mark,a built gen2 1441 would match a 6psi kit.

Not many can build a NA motor that will make big hp and last. With a turbo kit almost anyone with a bit of know how can bolt one on and with carefully use of boost can have a reliable package.

Now add the price of getting a NA motor built and see what the result is.

Turbo's your on one or your (well) behind one !Pi_tongue

Leonard.
spamanglenn Wrote:I,ll run any 6psi kit in a roll on and through corners.bring your turbo along and we,ll swap bikes up the putty.I,ve seen a dyno graph for a 6psi kit on the same dyno as my bike and theres wasn,t much in it,and a non turbo bike will always be lighter with a flatter build up of torque out of corners.

So long as both bikes are left as they are (except for lowering) as you'd ride them from strip to street.

Leonard.
I know where this is leading,lol,so how about it.A stock height,stock length challenge at the drags and then at eastern creek,turbo versus all motor.I,ll race quicksilver stock length to the 330,no lockup clutch.If i can,t race the best and learn something it,ll be a wasted effort.I need a carrot to drag me into the 1.4,s and a gen1 tailight aint so painful.Lol3
Sure Glenn I'll go to the trouble of putting in a standard suzuki hayabusa swingarm in Quicksilver......if you do the same! Bump

Leonard.
LOL. bugger that.
The comparrison between All motor and turbo has been argued thousands of times, different strokes for different folks.
Both have their benifits, but talk to people who really know, the ones who have gone through and done it. Not the speculators.
I aint speculating about a built motor,I guess if bruce gets a motor built he,ll be best to judge both sides of the coin.I know one thing, a rapidly climbing torque curve will always give you the biggest adrenaline rush compared to a big flat torque curve,and that essentially sums up the difference you feel on the road.A turbo doesnt give your body a chance you acclimatise to how hard it pulls as its always increasing,a built motor levels out and your flying but not with the same fear in your veins.Like i said, a turbo is the adrenaline king no argument,it doesn,t necessarily mean its quicker in all aspects of riding though.I agree with the sentiment of once you,ve had something good its hard to go back.
So you are speaking from turbo experience Glenn?
You do know that there are different size turbo's and different boost controlers that will give you what ever type of power delivery you want?

Like I said, talk to the guys who do know what they are talking about, and then make your decision. Do not rush into it, either way will cost you about the same amount.

You are looking for 240hp so I will add some things you will need for that hp.

RCC stage 1 Turbo kit, complete price +fitting=$$$

Built motor,
Cams=$$
Bore=$$
Fuel management=$$
Stroker crank and rods=$$
Full exhaust system=$$
Head work=$$
Pistons=$$
A shit load more labour=$$$$$$

My choice was easy.
No bike turbo experience, a fair bit of car turbo experience and built v8,s.I drive a turbo vehicle 7 days a week.I,ve been playing with boost for years.So when you bringing yours out again dave,we can match up.theres a few fridays and testntunes coming up.Very Happy
Ok then, with your experience with turbo's as well as all motor bikes, tell us how much 240rwhp will cost.

Rcc stage 1 kit is around $6500AU
Give us your price for 240hp all motor.

And I will be back racing once the DRDF has been removed.
spamanglenn Wrote:A turbo doesnt give your body a chance you acclimatise to how hard it pulls as its always increasing,a built motor levels out and your flying but not with the same fear in your veins.

Well said, with its current boost level I find it incredibly intimidating to ride my turbo in the twisites. I seem to spend much more time on the brakes slowing from stupid speeds for the corners only to realise that I am going way too slow around the corner.

The turbo accelerates that quickly between corners that I find it hard to mentally adjust to my actual speed and end up riding slower.

The cure would be to lower the boost from 16psi to around 10 or less, Im sure that it would be much easier to ride and much quicker overall. But really where is the fun in that?

Glenn when I get some time free I'll give you a call and you can test ride my turbo on the road setup as is. Then you will have a better basis for comparison.

The rules are if you bend it sell your first born you'll need at least that much money to replace the bike.
sweet bruce,i,m not anti turbo at all,i just see the pride you guys have of them as an easy target for a rev up,some gen2 riders were the same until recently.whats a drdf?
Interesting read.

I was hoping the supercharger topic might also come up in here...
Licence Back!