K9 exhaust residue
I've just racked up 1000km on the bike and noticed both mufflers have a white residue around the tailpipe. All my other bikes generally get a blue/black discolouration so this seems a bit odd. My worrying side says it's potentially an air/fuel mix problem but the sensible side says it's just how they are. Anyone able to give me a tip on if this is common or if I need to get it looked at during the first service?
mate nothing to worry about its the gal burning off the inside of the mufflers doesnt take long to burn out an stop ..happy riding
Thanks mate
I think that you will find if you stick with the OEM mufflers for a while that the inside stays basically spotless for the first 10,000 ks at least.
The fueling is excellent in the GEN IIs and they hardly leave any residue in the pipes at all.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Hi,
My 09 is the same, asked the dealer as it just had its 1st service & I was told they are all the same. By chance there was another 09 in on the same day for its 1st service & it also had the same white film on the tips. Hope this helps but your mind at rest.