Cold Start
Hi all,
Is anyone else having problems with cold start up?
My new 09 is becoming a bitch to start 1st thing on the cooler mornings. Wants to sit at around 800 rpm hitting & missing trying to make up its mind if it wants to keep running or not, (some times not) after about 15-20 seconds it finds itself & runs up to 1500 rpm & goes through its normal warm up cycle. Tried differnt start up methods eg 1/8 throttle etc. Dealership was notified they said will have a look at 1st service, 1st service done & no change. Oh well they have not heard of this problem & if it keeps doing this bring it back. Like its going to fix itself. Is this common with the 09 my 04 always started fine every time with a litle bit of fast idle.
Regards Steve.
Yep you're not alone, I have seen this Gen2 problem much discussed in threads gone by on http://www.busanation.com/
Licence Back!
TimF Wrote:Yep you're not alone, I have seen this Gen2 problem much discussed in threads gone by on http://www.busanation.com/

Thanks for that, now I know its not just my Gen2 with this problem. Not that it gets real cold here, but when it does cool down Im worried it wont start at all. This cant be doing the motor any favours jumping around as it does. So its back to the shop to keep annoying them.
Steve46 Wrote:
TimF Wrote:Yep you're not alone, I have seen this Gen2 problem much discussed in threads gone by on http://www.busanation.com/

Thanks for that, now I know its not just my Gen2 with this problem. Not that it gets real cold here, but when it does cool down Im worried it wont start at all. This cant be doing the motor any favours jumping around as it does. So its back to the shop to keep annoying them.

Whos your dealer Steve????
Yeah I live in Bundy without naming names. But I do have to say in thier defence they have always been really great with thier service. Thier mechanic had no problems with me bringing the bike back to be looked at. I wanted the cold start sorted when bike was in for its 1000K sevrice you know what its like to make arrangments to have the bike dropped off & picked up again. By finding out if this problem is inherient with the Gen2 it helps putting up a stronger case.
Steve

Keep us updated on this one please. We haven't had any really cold days in Perth yet but I have noticed on the fresher mornings here my K9 seems to think twice about getting into normal warm up cycle. Similar to you, my K4 fires with a little fast idle with no problems.
I have no hassles with my k8 ,what was bought new in 2009 ,what mods have you done to the bike if any.
Cool 
(10-06-2009, 12:31am)blockyoakford Wrote: I have no hassles with my k8 ,what was bought new in 2009 ,what mods have you done to the bike if any.

Move to the middle east you will have no cold start issues, currently 40+ degress in the morning at 0600hrs.

DaveYes
Mine has had starting probs for as long as I remember - I think about the time I put a full system and AFR etc etc on, I usually start it with a little throttle (teeny tiny amount) and wait about 5 secs then release and it seems to go into its own warm up cycle then. Doesnt really bother me but its obviusly an issues with teh GII's
Egos; everyone got one
try cranking it before the pump fully primes,mine started more easily that way until i added cranking fuel to the power commander map on my built gen1 motor.
You just need to hold the throttle on a little bit for about
5 seconds and it should settle down and idle correctly. At least mine
does.
The answers above are handy but very disappointing that a new bike needs old technology to get it going.
(04-05-2009, 06:35am)1300hayabusa Wrote:
Steve46 Wrote:

Whos your dealer Steve????

(12-06-2009, 06:04am)ohdear Wrote: Obtain some fuel readings and then have it correctly mapped and adjusted. No matter how new the technology is it means nothing if set up isn't correct. Computers are only as smart as the information their given, and base settings allways need to be correct ...........ALLWAYS.

GEN11 that even starts if it's kept in the fridge Lol3

Ok update, the problem has continued, now that the temp here has dropped to around 9 degrees its even harder to start. Takes 3-4 hits of the go button for it to finaly run stutter then run the warm up cycle. 1st we, the dealership mechanic & I figured new motor, everything tight, let it break in a bit. I now have 2500K on the clock & still hard to start. By the way I have no mods as yet stock as a rock. Have been back to the dealership & they agree no matter what the temp is, hot or cold you should be able to hit the go button & it should start. Lets face it you can buy a $18000 car latest technology any car & it should start whitout any little tricks like feathering the throttle etc. My dealership is part of Springwood Suzuki so they are getting back on the phone to Mr suzuki to ask for further advise. My dealership is aware mine is not the only one with this problem & if anyone has the answer they will gladly fix it. Propably so they dont have my ugly dial back in the shop bugging them. When or if I know more will gladly post the remedy!
I can only offer the suggestion that you check the connection on the air temp sensor from the aibox.
Maybe loose, or could even be faulty.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO