turbo busa sprocket sizes
Hey guys looking for some advice on what size front and rear sprocket to use.My engine is pushing out 240-340bhp at the moment depending on what boost i set.The bike will used just crooze and drag it will be running a 18inch rim on the rear.Im not good with working out this sort of thing so i thought i would ask you guys cause im sure a few of you would know.And one other thing HD jackshafts who makes a good resonably priced one and where is the best place to source one.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks guys
aaron
Going to depend on the rolling diameter of your tire, taller gearing than std can help tame the power and turbo's like load
18" ???is it a widearse rear
HD output shaft , orient express racing would be a good start, they have an online store and express post to Aussie in ~3-5 days
The general consensus on the American forums is that 18/45 is a good starting point. That's where I will be starting next drag season.
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer
I ran 18/46 but that was with a 17" rim.
thanks guys
my rolling diameter is 640mm yep running a fat tire swing arm
hey guys thanks for your help if i was to run a 15 tooth front what would i need to run on the rear to compensate the lower front tooth amountif i wanted to run the ratio of the 18/45 sizes
38, but your going to stuff chains quick and maybe jump teeth if you load it heavily, esp if the bike is low
(26-07-2009, 02:33pm)Maj Wrote: 38, but your going to stuff chains quick and maybe jump teeth if you load it heavily, esp if the bike is low

ok thanks maj back to the drawing board again