Old busa valuation
How ya's all going ,
I need a valaution of a used busa, i'm sure there is some knowledge here of owners who have sold one recently or still has one ect, please assist if you can;

Description;
1/ Early model gen 1 -1st model with big speedo, very high k's (over 60k +), regoed and running sweet , two tone blue color, hasn't been thrown down the rd , orginal owner, no major damage ,stone chips and minor marks on fairings.

9k is the asking price , bike shop reakons he gets them for around 4k tops (trade in's) ?? Interestly the shop offered me 5 as a trade in for bike which i bought new last year for 12k. I think its worth 7.5 min.

thanks
Firstly over 60k is not high for a busa. They will pretty much tripple that with no dramas.
So forget the mileage except for bearings and running gear etc.
Quite a few 99/00 models are being sold for anywhere from 7 to 9k so for a private sale that sounds fair if in excellent condition.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(05-06-2009, 06:22pm)99sydrd Wrote: How ya's all going ,
I need a valaution of a used busa, i'm sure there is some knowledge here of owners who have sold one recently or still has one ect, please assist if you can;

Description;
1/ Early model gen 1 -1st model with big speedo, very high k's (over 60k +), regoed and running sweet , two tone blue color, hasn't been thrown down the rd , orginal owner, no major damage ,stone chips and minor marks on fairings.

9k is the asking price , bike shop reakons he gets them for around 4k tops (trade in's) ?? Interestly the shop offered me 5 as a trade in for bike which i bought new last year for 12k. I think its worth 7.5 min.

thanks

60k isn't high mileage, just run in and loosened up nicely
Check tyres, sprockets, chain, last service.

These could add/subtract over $1000 easy and are just running costs.
another $500 for rego?
Any bling?? extra bits??

If in really good nic $9k is up at the top end, but doesn't sound too bad.
In a couple of years time you probably wont remember what you paid for it anyway, and you'll still be grinning ear to earPi_thumbsupBiker
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I bought my 99 model 10 months ago in VIC at a private sale she had 18 thou + kms on her but was in perfect nick with a yoshi pipe and a full bagstar rack/tank touring setup and a paddock stand plus alot of other bits I paid 11 grand for her and consider it a bargain. But I may be mad and really wanted a unrestricted model !!