my first hayabusa
BUSGO WROTE: "I don't want to dissappoint or upset 99sydrd especially on his lovely bike. It is in fact a 2000 model not a 99"

I hope i didnt mislead anyone , i did say it is gen 1 and 9 yrs old which would make it a year 2000 model, which as you say is consistent with the two tone blue and silver.The bike is unrestricted to a claimed 304km per hour, however a bloke came over from japan with a tool box and and sprused it up at the worf before they landed in the shops and it goes faster and better ,this bike was never sold at a shop as it was a special order from suzuki and delivered in a box to the orginal owner. I have unusual tags/papers that goes with the bike , i didnt get them with my 650f or gs500 when i bought them new.

The bike feels real lumpy like a 351 cleveland worked of its head. Maybe they put a bigger cam in it and worked the heads or something? or its had work done since .A real pig to ride in traffic too i.e snorting and running hot ect.

I once had a hQ holden years ago that had a 202 6cyl engine ,running 34/75 cam , stage 3 head , isky double valve springs , triple su's , 1.75 inch straight through exhaust ect , sort of reminds of driving that beast. Coolsmiley back them i always wanted a xy 351 though, now i've got the two wheel equivilent.Very Happy

That would explain the shocking fuel economy of 200km per tank that i'm getting on the hwy.

Regardless , it does exactly what i want my bike to do , its got personality , plus it puts a grin on my face everytime i get out of first gear, and then i start gigling when i look at the speedo .Pi_thumbsup
errrr only 200km per tank ?....better get a tune up
I agree with cheeky. Something is terribly wrong there with the 200k per tank issue.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I had that for a while, I was getting less than 200kms from a tank. Ask Simmo what it was like to ride behind me. On the upside, the flames bursting out of the exhaust from the unburnt fuel were WAY spectacular.
I seem to remember that it was something like the air temp sensor not working Heidi.
Is that right?
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO