Blet Drive for a busa
Just got this news, interesting...

-----Original Message-----
From: Hayabusa@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Hayabusa@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tweek
Sent: Saturday, 16 May 2009 3:23 AM
To: Hayabusa@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Hayabusa] Hayabusa Belt drive development...

We've been working on a brute-force system for about 3 years, starting with a ZX-6 system. We named these things "MondoDrive" at the time, and have decided to stay with the name.

We're moving into the SportBike market, from the Suzuki Hayabusa, on down. Among other things, we're using a new low tension 14mm pitch Carbon Fiber/Kevlar blend in the technology, and it has been a huge improvement in our systems.

Here's a bit of info on the new Hayabusa MondoDrive-14 Belt Drive System we've been working on for a bit... There's also a burnout video clip on the site as well. As silly as it might seem, a burnout is a great test of a drive system. The mechanical shock and stresses it imposes are phenominal... A s-l-o-w burnout is even tougher, as the tire tries to stick and free itself again, and will usually destroy a drive system that is less than perfect. The link to the 'BeltedBusa' is:

http://www.scootworks.com/projectbikes.htm

Several of the new systems and photos are online at:

http://www.shopscootworks.com/shop/brows...opBy=-3078&catalogId=-799

Dave
thats a great bit of info bill
Is there a benefit of a belt over a chain?

I would assume less maintenance required?
How about stretching and life?

But I do know that a belt can be destroyed pretty quickly if you flick a stone up.

InterestingRead
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
A belt is a lot quieter my 97 Fatboy was a mongrel on belts !, Stones ,delaminating and constant stretching . Just check out any Harley with a decent amount of horsepower the go for back to chain drives every time . Technology is great though and belts are getting better but dropping a belt on the road is nearly always a trailer and workshop job whereas a chain can be replaced by the road or in your garage. : my 2c worth
thats some really good points there mr beanz's lol
Look after your chain on the busa peoples cause if it breaks there is a good chance it will take out the crankcase as well Scary

No road side repairs then Pi_tongue

There is some sort of case saver mod to protect ya cases from a broken chain.
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek