"Attention old farts!"
If , like me , your beloved Busa is now giving you a bunch of aches n pains (and you`re not quite ready to convert to a ...err....goldwing!) you could do a lot worse than consider this here mod.
I too , like many others , have had one of those 'heli-bar' type risers for many years but sadly they (like my aging bones) have well and truly reached their used by date.
The worry at first was that these things might end up looking kinda 'goofy' on the beastie......but as it`s turned out , it sort of has an animal look about it.....not unlike a 'streetfighter' (albeit with a humongous great fairing)
The ride is absolutely sensational.
Slow speed control is amazing.......and feet-up tight U-turns are a doodle.
At speed it`s no prob to duck down a bit under the screen.....which is a terrific MRA jobbie with an upturned lip and is suitably modified for clearances.

The kit comes complete with everything you need (including all the necessary extended braided lines and hoses.)

It`s best installed as a two man job....mainly due to lots of bleeding required. (Thanx heaps Bruce.....you truly are 'da man' .....and ya sure `nuff make a mean omelette to boot!)

The whole cost of the excercise is pretty much on par if you were to buy all the bits individually.
Really great value.....considering the fantastic ride ya get.

cheers......Franko

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

you can tell this is a classy place.....
the graffiti is spelt right.....!
looks cool!!
...and your new Yoshis look great too!!!
no dramas with that undertail??? indicators near the rear pegs...
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
Looks sweet Franko, inserts an old fashioned look into your baby.

what did it cost to do it?
Did you have any clearance problems with the fairing?

Cheers

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
No comment to keep the peace.
[Image: zzzCustom.jpg]
"par excellence"
I bet you punch the mirrors with your knuckles on u turns.fairings and mirrors are the limiting factors for raising the bars practically.Franko might get away with it because the handle bars are further back.
GReat idea for old farts - might have to get one soon myself Very Happy

Whats the kit and where ya get?
Egos; everyone got one
(08-07-2009, 08:16am)busakid08 Wrote: GReat idea for old farts - might have to get one soon myself Very Happy

the kit`s from :- www.ausfr.com.au
which includes:-
*top yoke conversion
*superbike bars(any colour ya want)
*bar ends(any colour ya want)
*HEL stainless braided brake and clutch lines (lengthened to suit)
*modified screen.
*mirror risers

total $848 which includes Express delivery.
(that sounded pretty good to me)

@Max......there`s complete fairing clearance due to the modified screen.It`s amazing how much leverage you have and confidence at slow speeds.
@Glen......the fingers just lightly touch at full lock.....which you can easily adapt to.(but you can eliminate that altogether by rotating the bars)...(and the kit does come with mirror risers)......where I have `em it suits my style and doesn`t bother me.
@Gnarbunkle.....huh?
@Hutch......yeah , that`s an old undertray which I`ve had for about 9yrs on two different busas. yeah , they`re dinky little blinkers down near the pegs.

cheers.....Franko
(08-07-2009, 10:26am)frank_OH! Wrote:
(08-07-2009, 08:16am)busakid08 Wrote: GReat idea for old farts - might have to get one soon myself Very Happy

the kit`s from :- www.ausfr.com.au
which includes:-
*top yoke conversion
*superbike bars(any colour ya want)
*bar ends(any colour ya want)
*HEL stainless braided brake and clutch lines (lengthened to suit)
*modified screen.
*mirror risers

total $848 which includes Express delivery.
(that sounded pretty good to me)

@Max......there`s complete fairing clearance due to the modified screen.It`s amazing how much leverage you have and confidence at slow speeds.
@Glen......the fingers just lightly touch at full lock.....which you can easily adapt to.(but you can eliminate that altogether by rotating the bars)...(and the kit does come with mirror risers)......where I have `em it suits my style and doesn`t bother me.
@Gnarbunkle.....huh?
@Hutch......yeah , that`s an old undertray which I`ve had for about 9yrs on two different busas. yeah , they`re dinky little blinkers down near the pegs.

cheers.....Franko

Thanks Franko, I'm going to spend more on my bling bling as yet, maybe down the track when I turn into "an Older Farter". lol

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Good to see it all worked out, it looked a bit of a mess when I was leaving on Saturday, when I told Bruce he had put the front brake lines around the forks rather insde then, thats after bleeding all the new line in, it when like you better leave NOW simmo F*&^%#$$^$$K Scary
Top job boys Trophy
Great idea , i've seen a similar thing done on gsxr. Next step for even more comfort is some setback risers.
Thanks for the lead - you might want to consider getting speed bleeders, one of the best ever mods I did - no more 2 man job and fast as hell to bleed brakes and clutch now - BRILLIANT!!!!

Looks good mate
Egos; everyone got one
[quote='busakid08' pid='181779' dateline='1247044776']
Thanks for the lead - you might want to consider getting speed bleeders, one of the best ever mods I did - no more 2 man job and fast as hell to bleed brakes and clutch now - BRILLIANT!!!!

Looks good mate
[/quote

yeah....I`ve seen something about those 'speed bleeder' thingies on one of the yank sites,and it looked pretty impressive......but haven`t seen anything locally.
Any ideas about where or who to get `em from in Aust?

Oh.....and Max.....old fart-ism sneaks up on ya when ya least expect it...and b4 ya know it , it`s grabbed ya by the kahonies and won`t ever let go!
...and damned if ya can remember it ever happening!
Good to see u r still getting around Franko.
Now work on those post counts a little.
10!
Be nice if the Busa k's were so low.

:-)