Fuel Consumpton
Have done about 4 tanks now on my new K9 but noticed i'm only getting 150km before the needle is in the red. All these km have been done in the inner west so far....is this about right?

Fuel gauge seems ok because im putting about 18ltrs in on a refuel.
In politics stupidity is not a handicap.
Napoleon Bonaparte .
welcome to owneing a busa mate lol all you need is a mobile tanker with ya if i ride my girl hard it chews through the fuel
(21-07-2009, 10:04am)redkatana Wrote: Have done about 4 tanks now on my new K9 but noticed i'm only getting 150km before the needle is in the red. All these km have been done in the inner west so far....is this about right?

I get about 180 or so out of a tank around town. About 260klm per tank on a long run.
(21-07-2009, 10:04am)redkatana Wrote: Have done about 4 tanks now on my new K9 but noticed i'm only getting 150km before the needle is in the red. All these km have been done in the inner west so far....is this about right?

One way to look at it is that it's a Big Block, can be quite economical until you stick your boot into it.

I seem to average 150-200 city riding and anything from 200 and up on the open road, the best I've had is 350klm and thats taking it relatively easy
move to the outa west Very Happy
Egos; everyone got one
That consumption is very wrong unless you are doing continuous stop go stuff.
Out where I live I can easily get to 300klm before the light shows up.
Yes, even at a constant 120 - 130 kph.
(this private road of mine is marvellous)
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Hmm, I thought I was doing bad at about 230k's around town until I read the first few posts!!!!
I get to about 280-290 klm before the light shows up
BRADDO

"May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch." Ghastly
anything above 250 is good on a Busa I rekon, if I ride really really conservative I can get 280
Egos; everyone got one
last time i rode it my light came on at 171km.

if i ride in c mode (with the gf on her p's) i can almost do double..
/
Good to hear it's not just me, lol
Around town 260-300 km/ tank Country 350 km plus, going quick . I reckon some of you blokes could use a good tune up .

Also found this somewhere but i don't know how accurate it is or who did it .

BUSA FUEL CONSUMPTION TRIP METER READS KM/LTR

15/LTR= 300km/20ltr tank
17.5/LTR=350km/20ltr tank
20/LTR= 400km/20ltr tank

Fuel consumption :
City 5.6 litres (Premium) per 100kms-------------------------------------------- = 357KM/TANK
Highway 5.1 litres (Premium) per 100kms--------------------------------------= 392KM/TANK
Highway 5.4 litres (Premium) @ 160kph per 100kms------------------------=370KM/TANK
City 6.2 litres (Standard) per 100kms---------------------------------------------=322KM/TANK
Race - ???
These readings where taken from the onboard fuel computer.
Best ever record to date is 5.0 lts per 100k's on 19/6/2000 SAME YEAR AS MINE
Variable speed @ variable throttle but never full throttle
at stead 160kph using premium Unleaded 94+
Standard unleaded petrol
No Choke starts - this is the tropics !
Light throttle.
Fresh fuel.
Recently serviced.
Figures recorded by myself in 2000 dry 27-32 degrees centigrade - but humid conditions.
Normal cruising range about 350km-400km per tank, using top gear as much as possible.
* All measurements are litres consumed per 100kms.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
lightbulb 

Hi Red, you are either fanging it out each & every time you take off which I doubt because you would be running it in or you spend a hell of a lot of time sitting in traffic. If that is not the case then get it back to Suzuki to fix it under warranty as you should only have around 600 km on the clock & they don't go out of tune that quick. 150km per 18 litres converts to about 8.33 km per litre (23.5 MPG in the old lingo) or 12 litres per 100kms which is nearly what my VT V6 commodore gets Scary

I always start & run the bike while I put my helmet jacket & gloves on (whether the engine is hot or cold to let the oil circulate) & mainly do Hills riding on my K9 with a fang out whenever I think I can get away with it & my fuel light does not come on until around 260 - 300 kms

My 99 Gen 1 ( which is heaps lighter than a std busa) gets around 200 -240 before the light comes on & my 00 ZX12 ninja about the 220 -260 before the guage flashers. The Gen II is a lot more economical than the Gen 1 so I think you have a problem either with Self control Pi_tongue Traffic Scary or the bike Pi_freak
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
When you buy a hayabusa, who gives a shit about fuel consumption??? Performance comes at a price!!!! Biker