08 busa what would you pay?
has no motor and some panels are missing and damaged,has no instrement panel or wiring harness,Was white 08 model from the auctions
(01-08-2009, 09:48am)03busa Wrote: has no motor and some panels are missing and damaged,has no instrement panel or wiring harness,Was white 08 model from the auctions

very little if you can mate,have you got any pics of it ?
(01-08-2009, 09:57am)big kev Wrote:
(01-08-2009, 09:48am)03busa Wrote: has no motor and some panels are missing and damaged,has no instrement panel or wiring harness,Was white 08 model from the auctions

have seen it but no pics
(01-08-2009, 10:03am)03busa Wrote:
(01-08-2009, 09:57am)big kev Wrote:

have seen it but no pics

ok well do they have a price on it?
Very Little depending on the quality of the remainders for spares.

Whats it got? std exhaust, wheels, usable tyres, frame, forks. Prob less than half price of bits from wrecker, say wheels 300 each, frame 1500, front fork 1000 = 3400 all up divided by 2 say $1700 -2200 but only if I needed the parts to build repair another.

This kit would not be economical to use as the basis to build a registerable road bike

Steven
The bike has no damage to frame or the wheels,forks are good.New back tyre has dent in tank but easy fix.I can buy this for around $1000 to $1400.What do you think?
(01-08-2009, 03:12pm)03busa Wrote: The bike has no damage to frame or the wheels,forks are good.New back tyre has dent in tank but easy fix.I can buy this for around $1000 to $1400.What do you think?

SNAP IT UP AT THAT PRICE SNAP IT UP MATE
Busa03,

What are you buying it for, spares or to rebuild as a road bike?

Rebuilding probably will not be economical, even at $1k unless you have mates who can do the paint work for you or you are a mechanic. Ive repaired couple of bikes but only with minimal damage so this is based on my experience.

A quick cost for you which may be different in Qld,

2nd hand panels say $200 each.
the Gen 2 has two panels per side so min $400 each side.
Nose $200
front indicator pods 100 each

Tank dents are not easy to fix

Engine (second hand) $7k if you can get a gen 2 engine.
Electronics - havent costed but lets say $1.5k
If you are not lucky to get second hand panels of the same colour; paint $1 - $1.5k (prob closer to 1.5 or in NSW app 400 per panel yep per panel).

Have you checked if it was a repairable wirte-off - in NSW cost of RTA inspection fee is $450 (stamp duty etc on top of this).

So min cost of engine. elctronics, painting and inspection fee = $11k plus $1k for original pieces = 12k (this doesn't inc cost of the panels you need to replace or any panel beating on the tank). Add new controls, lights etc if damaged. Also unless you get a complete wiring loom you will prob need new digital lock system etc.

Hopefully you cna get beeter prices to change the economics but they nearly always cost more than you expect

This compares w buying a low k senond hand Gen 2 for 13.5k.

Hope this helps

Steven
don't think i'll be getting a repairable write off for a rebuild!
(01-08-2009, 09:21pm)steventh Wrote: Busa03,

What are you buying it for, spares or to rebuild as a road bike?

Rebuilding probably will not be economical, even at $1k unless you have mates who can do the paint work for you or you are a mechanic. Ive repaired couple of bikes but only with minimal damage so this is based on my experience.

A quick cost for you which may be different in Qld,

2nd hand panels say $200 each.
the Gen 2 has two panels per side so min $400 each side.
Nose $200
front indicator pods 100 each

Tank dents are not easy to fix

Engine (second hand) $7k if you can get a gen 2 engine.
Electronics - havent costed but lets say $1.5k
If you are not lucky to get second hand panels of the same colour; paint $1 - $1.5k (prob closer to 1.5 or in NSW app 400 per panel yep per panel).

Have you checked if it was a repairable wirte-off - in NSW cost of RTA inspection fee is $450 (stamp duty etc on top of this).

So min cost of engine. elctronics, painting and inspection fee = $11k plus $1k for original pieces = 12k (this doesn't inc cost of the panels you need to replace or any panel beating on the tank). Add new controls, lights etc if damaged. Also unless you get a complete wiring loom you will prob need new digital lock system etc.

Hopefully you cna get beeter prices to change the economics but they nearly always cost more than you expect

This compares w buying a low k senond hand Gen 2 for 13.5k.

Hope this helps

Steven

Yes that helps,i was looking to build a drag bike. Cheers
03 if your not going to buy it send me the details and I will. Be nice for spare parts.