Shredded tyre
hi there...

The chipper consists of two large rotors with 336 blades. These form oblong blocks small enough to fit into the palm of a hand. Once the tyres reach the top of the conveyor belt and tip into the blades, they are shredded in seconds, reduced to 45mm strips.
(01-08-2009, 07:31pm)Lucky 85 Wrote: Went for a ride today planned to ride 220k's but after 110k's I thought the road was getting bad but when I stopped for a drink I noticed the tyre was down to the steel belt. Bike has only got 5000k's on it and the tyre is U/S. Can any one suggest a harder compound tyre that will last longer? What tyres are other riders using?

You could try a Michelin Pilot Road 2 or Continental Road Attack.

Davo (RIP) from Far riders was getting 15,000klm (belt just about showing) and 13,000klm (still legal) respectively out of these tyres replace and fitted from my shop so I know first hand the milage.

Hope that helps.
Mick's Bike & Car Tyres Dyno Centre
Shed 1/6 Johnstone Rd Brendale
P: 3881 0033
F: 3881 2211
E: mick@mbct.com.au
W: www.mbct.com.au/
(05-11-2009, 08:21am)Wolf Wrote:
(01-08-2009, 07:31pm)Lucky 85 Wrote: Went for a ride today planned to ride 220k's but after 110k's I thought the road was getting bad but when I stopped for a drink I noticed the tyre was down to the steel belt. Bike has only got 5000k's on it and the tyre is U/S. Can any one suggest a harder compound tyre that will last longer? What tyres are other riders using?

You could try a Michelin Pilot Road 2 or Continental Road Attack.

Davo (RIP) from Far riders was getting 15,000klm (belt just about showing) and 13,000klm (still legal) respectively out of these tyres replace and fitted from my shop so I know first hand the milage.

Hope that helps.

I have punished many a tyre on 'Busa's over all sorts of roads & conditions and I have to admit that the Michelin 2ctPilot road 2 would be a hard choice to go past for straight lining. On a recent trip to Darwin, the Gulf etc on a Gen11, 3up plus a shit load of luggage, the Michelin saw out 12,500 klms, this included a burnout through the Overlander Pub in Mt. Isa!!. Sure, the tyre was squared off big time when I got back to Sydney but I could have pushed onto Adelaide on that tyre if I had to. Speeds were generally around a dollar forty - sixty with the occassional blast to around 240+ and I found it hung on well in the twistiesPi_thumbsup. I am yet to try one for just general riding and scratching hard. BT016's etc I average around 3 - 4 thousand K's. Most of my mileage is on trips, if there is a mountain range near where I'm going, then I'll take it!. BTW, 41PSI is way too much, try around 36 - 38 in the rear & 32 - 34 in the frontPi_thumbsup. also check ur rear suspension & set it up correctly for ur style of riding, it will make a big difference to ur tyre wear. Enjoy.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

you move at a solid pace buddy!
(05-11-2009, 11:33pm)bigfoot Wrote: you move at a solid pace buddy!

I average around 80K a year, I stay off the highways & major Byways and/or places known to be infested with "Cockroaches" where possible.
If the conditions at the time depict that I can "hook in" I will and if they don't then I won't! I find that a good comfortable mile eater vs. distance is around 120 - 140kph. Easy on the bike and easy on the body along with a reasonable reaction time. The trick to LDR is maintaining a good pace for a good length of time, ie: No stops between fuel stops, fuel up, empty the bladder and go.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!