New Admin to the Board
Rod has decided to take a break from the angst of admining, who can blame him? He needs a bit of time off but will always consider himself a permanent fixture of the club, so we will hear from him when he is ready. He has been and always is a great assett to our club and forum and a valued member. We value his contributions.

So the new admin to the forum is Astro (Rob). And yes you dont have a say in the matter as he is appointed as such. He is a veteran to the board and respected by many. I am sure he will be a valued member of the Forum Team.

I hope you welcome him warmly..........and dont wear him out like the last one.

PS. This is a repost as last one got accidently deleted lol. So if you commented, better post again. Just as well I still had this post in my cache.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
A big Welcome Rob i no you will do well ,you are a respected member of the forum and i hope you are treated with such Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
congrats Astro hopefully one day i'll be become a valued member!
What a disgusting turn of events, we have now lost one of the truely fair/reasonable/independent moderators on this forum.

Why would Rod feel the pressure of being a moderator he has received nothing but total support from EVERY member. Is it moderation that he is fed up with or is it the bullshit political powerplays that go on behind the scenes that he is fed up with. What a f*&^ing shame.

Welcome Astro you have my respect up front.Pi_thumbsup
Welcome Astro, it will be great to work with you.

I'm sorry to see you go Rod, you know I always value your advice and support.

Cheers

Heidi
Thanks for all your help on the board Rod.
Welcome Astro, I'm sure you'll do a great job.
Not good to hear Rod and saddened to see you go .................but knowing your reasons why can only commend you for it. Your principles have always had you standing tall in my eyes, and you have certianly left pretty big shoes to fill. You not only did the job Rod ............... but you did it allways with fairness and class.
Cheers Pete
Sorry to see you go rod,ive always received respectful responses from you and have always had my respect as a moderator.Ive always thought astro was a recommended admin from the start and was surprised he wasnt a long time ago.What surprises me is the disregard for the, can improve vote, on the busgo poll as an no mans land vote that doesnt count.So those irritated but not angry people out there rest assured your opinion doesnt count.what a joke,why have a poll asking people what their think then disregard it publically?Publically patronising motorcyclist isnt the way to win their respect.
First up..... I agree... sad to see Rod step down but I did try to persuade him not to (as did many others). Thank you Rod for all you have done for the board and I'm glad you're sticking around. I'd also like to thank you for suggesting and recommending my appointment to Volvi. I would not have accepted under any other circumstances.

Secondly, thank you Volvi for the vote of confidence.

Thirdly, thanks to all who have had kind words to say about the appointment.

There are a couple of things I'd like to say from the outset. In particular I'd like the personal vendetta's to cease. I'm not taking sides and I don't know the full stories - but for the sake of the forum, lets all swallow our pride and put it behind us. Put yourselves second and put the forum first. Because the forum isn't some invisible computer system supporting a notice board. The forum is you, me and every other member. It's a community.

What really distresses me is that so many of the people here that I harbour enormous respect for are at each others throats. I've never even met some of you but I'd still count you as a friend - especially if you have a pretty sister. Becoming an admin means I may have to take an action 'a friend' wouldn't approve of. I can only hope that a friend will realise I will always be trying to act in the best interests of the board. Have no doubt, I will do what I feel morally obliged to do in the best interests of the forum. But I'd prefer it if we didn't descend into our own version of the Bay of Pigs crisis every few months. I'm not your mother. LOL

To those who feel they have been hard done by, I apologise that I'm asking you to make this sacrifice - but we've all read what you had to say and you've had an opportunity to vent your spleen. Now please, for the sake of the forum - let it lie. Be the better man. Let your actions earn you the respect of your fellow members. Stick and stones people... sticks and stones.

Oh... if anyone has a beef with me or anything I do as an admin.... I invite you to PM me. I think over the years I've proven to be a reasonable person. I am always willing to listen to a considered, sane, mature, logical position.

Regards and sincere thanks..... Rob (Astro)
Maybe its time volvi had a small rest also?????
(23-08-2009, 11:50pm)Astro Wrote: To those who feel they have been hard done by, I apologise that I'm asking you to make this sacrifice - but we've all read what you had to say and you've had an opportunity to vent your spleen. Now please, for the sake of the forum - let it lie. Be the better man. Let your actions earn you the respect of your fellow members. Stick and stones people... sticks and stones.

Regards and sincere thanks..... Rob (Astro)

Good for you Rob,
you are a very respected member of the board and a welcome addition to the team who admin and moderate this community. I agree with you in putting the past behind us and welcoming the future, albeit with a tinge of sadness at Rod's "rest". He was among the better Admins and certainly did a magnificent job.

I will be the first to offer Busgo a snort of the peace pipe and give an undertaking not to offer him harsh criticism and to take any critiques of his performance to Volvi in the first instance. I will snort accordingly.

Congrats again Rob, you will make an excellent Admin/Mod on this board.

MaxPi_thumbsup
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Kawa... let's imagine someone (who isn't a judge or a policeman) told you that you were not competent to ride your bike and you aren't allowed to ride it - but instead should give it over to someone else. The bike you OWN. The bike you've spent thousands of hard earned dollars on to transform into a unique and bloody brilliant road rocket. (Yes, I'm drooling but lets ignore that)

The first thing you'd say is "Well, bugger off... it's mine. I ride it like a legend (which you do... I've seen you ride). I own it and you bloody-well can't tell me what I can or can't do with it!"

Fair enough. I'd support you absolutely. It's your bike and no-one can tell you you are not competent enough to operate and control it.

That concept applies equally to the person who owns this board.

And that happens to be Volvi.
(24-08-2009, 12:35am)Madmax Wrote: Good for you Rob,
you are a very respected member of the board and a welcome addition to the team who admin and moderate this community. I agree with you in putting the past behind us and welcoming the future, albeit with a tinge of sadness at Rod's "rest". He was among the better Admins and certainly did a magnificent job.

I will be the first to offer Busgo a snort of the peace pipe and give an undertaking not to offer him harsh criticism and to take any critiques of his performance to Volvi in the first instance. I will snort accordingly.

Congrats again Rob, you will make an excellent Admin/Mod on this board.

MaxPi_thumbsup

Max... in all sincerity... I thank you.
Pi_thumbsup Pi_thumbsup Pi_thumbsup good to have you as ADMIN mate you have my support mate all the way

cheers astro

big kev
(23-08-2009, 09:07pm)Volvi Wrote: PS. This is a repost as last one got accidently deleted lol. So if you commented, better post again. Just as well I still had this post in my cache.

Umm... yes. It was a little ignominious that my first ever action as an admin... was to accidentally delete the thread that informed everyone of my appointment. Oops. Embarassed