Safety Fences On NSW Expressways Specially Designed To Decapitate Motorcyclists
As you well know, the 1/2" taught wire safety fences now fitted by the NSW RTA, colluding with the NSW Motor Accident Authority and CTP Green Slip Insurance Companies are especially designed to decapitate motorcyclists and save cage drivers. Severe Discrimination against motorcyclists. Get decapitated by one because of a drunken cage driver and the insurance company will only have to pay your funeral expenses-FACT! How many people do you know have survived being decapitated ?-Fact-ZERO!
Scary
Maybe the muthaf****rs would like to give every NSW Motorist a Proper Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) with their CTP Green Slip Insurance Policies just like is a legal requirement for every other insurance policy issued in Australia. Oh, but not Bob Carr's Rip Off NSW CTP Green Slip Insurance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is a big issue at the MCC W.A has removed them but its something that we are trying to get changed around mate
(04-09-2009, 08:18am)big kev Wrote: this is a big issue at the MCC W.A has removed them but its something that we are trying to get changed around mate
Thanks Kev. While you at it, do not forget their deceptive CTP Green Slip Insurance & Bob Carr's Compulsory 3 Year Starvation Period before you're even permitted to go to court---if you live. After all, we're not all Raghe*ds attempting fraudulent Whiplash jobs.
I learnt the hard way.
[attachment=7293]
this is true mate i will be addressing all these matter at the MCC but i need to be honest its a long and some times slow process but kathy and i will endevour to have all questions answered
Im amazed that these fences were ever approved by the Australian Standards - it shows how the road authorities still have no awareness of motorcyclists. Garanteed to decapitate.

You may have a chance hitting an armco barrier but zilch hitting one of these...

the first time I saw one was a few years back south of Newcatle. With my kids in the car we were waved down by motorists as we passed a crashed bike, a body lying on the road covered by a blanket and further down the road another smaller lump (presumably a body part) covered by a towel - I ended up having to tell the girls the second lump was probably a small animal that got run over!!
(04-09-2009, 10:24am)big kev Wrote: this is true mate i will be addressing all these matter at the MCC but i need to be honest its a long and some times slow process but kathy and i will endevour to have all questions answered
I ride past a couple of lengths of "Cheesecutters" daily Kev, they scare the hell out of me. Always staying away from any cars near me while passing them.

They have to be removed.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
well i will tell you all somehting that the RTA wont tell you motorcycleists are only 1/3 of all vehicles on the road and we dont really have as much impact as cars buses trucks do so this is where the MCC comes into play they are the voice that niggles at the heals of the covernment so i promise this is 1 thing that the MCC is doing there best to have removed from our roards but im telling you all its going to be a long road ahead to have the wire barriers removed from NSW roads

max i agree there totally %100 scarey and as delegates kathy and i are going to do our best
(04-09-2009, 08:18am)big kev Wrote: this is a big issue at the MCC W.A has removed them but its something that we are trying to get changed around mate

Hi Fellers I'm not sure about WA removing them as there is still plenty of them around and if anything they may have increased them espcially when the extended the rail line south from Perth as now we have the cheese grate on the freeway as well which is more concerning for me as there is more chance of coming in contact with them on the freeway than the open road.

I like everyone else voiced concerns etc back when they were being put in and basically the poor motor cycle rider is left out to dry as usual, we are only known for all the bad things because of a small minority of riders and then a few times a year we may get some recognition from people when we help charities etc.
REV its only in certian areas from what im told? i will be at the MCC monday pushing for answers best i can but as i say its a slow process getting answers and its political as well
(04-09-2009, 12:37pm)big kev Wrote: REV its only in certian areas from what im told? i will be at the MCC monday pushing for answers best i can but as i say its a slow process getting answers and its political as well

Yes Political is what it's all about you certainly hit the nail on the head with that statement.

Maybe the Goverment needs to be hit with a law suit under duty of care surely that has to come into it somewhere. You hear in the media all the time about we have a duty of care and so on but when it come to the poor old motor cycle rider I don't believe that this is really taken into account when they introduce new safety systems for the road.

They need to look at all the road uses and I don't think that they do that part well as we are only a minority compared to the amount of cages on the road.
(04-09-2009, 01:15pm)Rev004 Wrote:
(04-09-2009, 12:37pm)big kev Wrote: REV its only in certian areas from what im told? i will be at the MCC monday pushing for answers best i can but as i say its a slow process getting answers and its political as well

Yes Political is what it's all about you certainly hit the nail on the head with that statement.

Maybe the Goverment needs to be hit with a law suit under duty of care surely that has to come into it somewhere. You hear in the media all the time about we have a duty of care and so on but when it come to the poor old motor cycle rider I don't believe that this is really taken into account when they introduce new safety systems for the road.

They need to look at all the road uses and I don't think that they do that part well as we are only a minority compared to the amount of cages on the road.

maybe some other busa club members from other states should look at becomeing delegates to the MCC in there state im sure it would be helpfull
(04-09-2009, 01:32pm)big kev Wrote:

maybe some other busa club members from other states should look at becomeing delegates to the MCC in there state im sure it would be helpfull

Thanks for the great job you guys are doing on our behalf Kev, you are unseen doing this thing for us but not unappreciated.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
(04-09-2009, 01:32pm)big kev Wrote:

Yes it is certainly something that I would be interested to get into but as I work shift it's very difficult to get to meetings etc, I do watch another Forum as there is a number of guys on there that have got into it here in WA and post up there progress.