R1 or R6 throttle tube?
This has more than likely been discussed before, but which, out of the R1 or R6 throttle tubes, is more recommended. One of them is more snappy than the other. Also is it hard to put on? I intend to use the bike for drag and street.

Cheers..............
If its for street and drag go for the R6 its the quickest action of the two. It wont take long to get used to and is fine on the street.

Install =
Remove the R/H switchblock
Loosen throttle cables
Remove old tube install new
Adjust throttle cables.

Easy 20 minutes max.
Go the R6 ( 2004 model ) Done this mod the other day before racing. It makes a small difference. Best thing is it only costs $24 and comes with a grip.
Thanks guys....... Will doPi_thumbsup
that would probably be the cheaper and faster option... or

http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalo...prevnext=1
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
Get the R1 for street,the R6 for drag.The loop for the R6 is even closer makes it harder to ride cause its damn torquey.I am currently using the R1 thorttle tube
I'm gunna do the r6 throttle tube this week. I'm just a bit confused with the grip? As it comes with a grip, does it mean my busa one won't fit?
And is 2004 the best year r6 to use??
/
(25-09-2009, 09:29pm)[UNIT] Wrote: I'm gunna do the r6 throttle tube this week. I'm just a bit confused with the grip? As it comes with a grip, does it mean my busa one won't fit?
And is 2004 the best year r6 to use??

You can still use your busa grip just remove the one on the tube. I used the 2004 one and it works fine.
Thanks mate. I think it will benefit me as I frequently find myself adjusting my hand..
/
(25-09-2009, 09:51pm)[UNIT] Wrote: Thanks mate. I think it will benefit me as I frequently find myself adjusting my hand..

Wait.

What are we talking about now?
Well.. Nevermind. I'll tell u when ur older!
/
Whats the diameter of the busa one? And the R1 and R6 one?
I can get a triumph 675 one for free, just wanna see if its worth playing with that one.
TRAITOR
Sorry for bumping an old thread guys, I didn't want to start a new one. Am considering doing this mod to my Busa but wanted to check, is this the right tube to buy?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/YAMAHA-YZF-R6...4ad7a27a26