Dot 4 brake fluid
I'm just checking the fluids in the $50 car before I head back up the highway. Do I need to use a new container of Dot 4 when I top up the brake fluid? I still have half a one from last time.

Cheers
(17-09-2009, 10:01am)Heidi1 Wrote: I'm just checking the fluids in the $50 car before I head back up the highway. Do I need to use a new container of Dot 4 when I top up the brake fluid? I still have half a one from last time.

Cheers

nah you dont need a new bottle of fluid heidi just use what you have
Shall do, thanks. Should do tyre pressure while I'm at it, go commpletely mental. I'm pretty sure the $50 car wasn't designed for this much work!

Thanks to the Ruffy's for an offer of something a little more 'up to date', but the $50 is going like a CHAMP! SURE, one of the doors doesn't open and it can't turn left at the moment, but she's fine in a straight line! And I WILL get around to replacing that indicator globe.
It really depends on how long the container has been cracked. Being a hydroscopic fluid, it absorbs water from the atmosphere & can go off so to speak. I tend to throw containers out after 6 months, it's cheap enough to buy a new one.