Newbie - things to look for
Nice low kms, if you can get it for that kind of money you are laughing. Ask if he has the maintence log (any good owner has kept one even if they did the work themselves). Also, look at the tyres, and run your hands along all the touch down points looking for rough surfaces, all are the signs of a bike being flogged. Even if it has though, that is not the sign of a lemon, but might help with bargaining.
listen mate in todays market and economy blah blah, its the buyer who makes the price coz thats what hes ready to part with. ppl arnt tripping over themselves buying gen1 busas, plenty around. so you make your price and stick to it, guarentee you they'll still be making money. they pay lowest dollar for trade ins. so stick to your guns and if theyre willing to let you walk out the door, theres plenty others around to choose from.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Guys

Thanks again for the tips. I really want the right bike, and I am willing to wait for it. I will go in and stick to my guns, the any sign of a con job and I am out the door, somehow I feel they are going to try again tomorrow and tell me they cant meet the $10,200. In fact I am willing to bet my left one on it. Scary My bet it is a $7000 trade in.

I have had a good look at the fairings, leavers, ends of the bars and there appears to be no damage. One thing i did notice was rubber around the rear guard, spells burn outs to me. I will have another look tomorrow.

Good tip Heidi on the books and service history, another reason to be more picky on the bike.

Cheers
Mark
Good luck to you Mark....follow your heart but listen to your head and you'll be OK....don't let the salesman push you around...you've got a budget, stick to it...he either wants to sell it or he doesn't (it's taking up space in his yard which he wants to fill with a new bike).
Hope all goes well with the sale, if they are not willing to go to your $10,200 limit just give em your mobile number and walk away, a mate of mine did this recently and got a call next day saying come in with the cash and it's yours. I think if you mention that you are local and will get the bike serviced with them they will be more likely to try and keep the sale, good luck!!
All done guys..............I am now the owner of a K6 Busa.

Thank you all so very much for your help and tips.

Now I feel like I can be a real member of the forum.

Pick her up Tuesday.

Photos will follow on Tuesday.........................

Cheers
Mark
(02-10-2009, 10:32am)Mark_S Wrote: All done guys..............I am now the owner of a K6 Busa.

Thank you all so very much for your help and tips.

Now I feel like I can be a real member of the forum.

Pick her up Tuesday.

Photos will follow on Tuesday.........................

Cheers
Mark

Pi_thumbsupPi_thumbsupPi_thumbsupCoolsmileyYes
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Congratulations Mark!
WELL DONE!!!! PHOTOS PHOTOS!!
ClapYesPi_thumbsupClapYesPi_thumbsup
Ok I currently own an 02 B12 with close to seventy thou on the clock and am thinking of trading soon for a busa and have been touring the stealers to see what is around. I found one 09 model with 5000 on the clock but they wanted $15000 for it, (fair price I suppose). Your 06 for $10200 with 38000 on the clock sounds a lot better option than the one I'm looking at. My point is here in the west there seems to be few 06/07/08 models around and when they do come up they are considerably more expensive and with higher mileage. I wonder if it is because there are fewer dealers about?....Oh and bugger!!!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
I recently picked up an 07 with 9600kms on it for $11995...needless to say I jumped on it! Just keep your eyes open and be patient....something will pop up.
Wow wasnt that a bit of spin out seeing Marks post come up.

God I miss him.... Frown
Smitten May Marky always be with me and guide me through life Smitten
Yeah it was, I had the same thought. For a second I thought about archiving it before you saw it, but he is SO DAMN HAPPY!! I never met him face to face, but that's how I like to think of him.
(10-02-2010, 05:54pm)Fifi_Sutho Wrote: Wow wasnt that a bit of spin out seeing Marks post come up.

God I miss him.... Frown

yeah Fifi,

....I sorta did a double-take when I saw it too Confused. (hang in there, mate).
...hope to c ya & meet ur daughters at KK next week (if tha boss doesn't make me work).

Coolsmiley