Newbie - things to look for
Thanks guys.... they were new guys by the looks of things so wouldnt know....

Yup Paul Im going to the KK night... Hope you can make it too, be good to see ya again..
Smitten May Marky always be with me and guide me through life Smitten
Ahh not sure what this is about but I just checked the date of Marks last post and just realised it was 10/2/09 not 2010
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(10-02-2010, 11:22pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Ahh not sure what this is about but I just checked the date of Marks last post and just realised it was 10/2/09 not 2010

Steve

Tis a story about a man
With a heart as big as his bike
Who but not here for long
You couldn't help but like

No I never met him
But I'm sure he'd be my mate
And when my riding days are done
I'll bet he greats me at the gate
(11-02-2010, 06:17am)fasterfaster Wrote: Steve

Tis a story about a man

No I never met him
I'll bet he greets me at the gate

....well said, Pete!!
Pi_thumbsupClapPi_thumbsup

+1 Coolsmiley
Just for those who are catching up, Mark was only on the board a short time, but he made a real impression. We got to share in his wild excitement during the count down to the bike and then his joy at finally getting it. He met up with a few of the boys and was a lovely, funny, genuine bloke. He was wiped out by a car on his bike. Fifi Sutho is his wife and she had become an integral part of the club.

I guess the reason this gave a few of us a start was if you read this thread from the start, you get the whole story. It is a lovely thread, but it had slipped to the bottom (the way they do eventually).
(11-02-2010, 06:17am)fasterfaster Wrote: Tis a story about a man

No I never met him
I'll bet he greats me at the gate

Good words Pete, we all have to make those words work. Some of us will get there a long time before others and others a long time later (the later the better). Let's have a big Bar B Que and piss up when we get there to seeing old mates again.

Remember this happening with Jewells a few years ago, it was lovely just seeing her words again.

Thinking of you FiFi.

btw what's a KK night?
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
(11-02-2010, 10:55am)Madmax Wrote: btw what's a KK night?

Krispy Kreame
(11-02-2010, 11:55am)BLACKZOOK Wrote:

Krispy Kreame

Thanks Bruce, when are you doing this thing?
(11-02-2010, 12:10pm)Madmax Wrote:
(11-02-2010, 11:55am)BLACKZOOK Wrote:

Krispy Kreame

Thanks Bruce, when are you doing this thing?

This tuesday Max....at Penrith (1830hrs). Come along if you happen to be up this way!

Coolsmiley
Mark would have totally been proud to be calling you all mates..... It is sad that you all never got to know him, however Im glad he got to ride the dream even if it was short....

Thanks again all you guys... It makes me proud to be calling you all friends... You are all the best.. MWAH!!!

And Marky if your reading this, make way for us all, as we will be there one day in the future and expect a huge welcome..... Smitten
Smitten May Marky always be with me and guide me through life Smitten
Wont make it unfortunately, Coming to Sydney Thursday to see a knee surgeon in Randwick. My babe is taking the day off to drive me down. Was hoping it was Thursday night.

Next time, when I can ride down I'll be there.

FiFI, we're so happy to have you as one of our mates. You know where to come if you have any problems at all. Treat us like big brothers. You are certainly one of our sisters.
(23-09-2009, 01:51pm)BUSGO Wrote: G'day again Mark,
You are right, the busa is just loosening up at 30,000k and has a long long way to go before needing any major work.
You will find on most that the shims etc don't even need attention till well past then.

If you buy an early model, 99/00, which I doubt you will, they have an external fuel pump that causes a bit of grief to owners and the 99 model had a couple of recalls very early on.
Apart from those early issues, there have been very few problems with the busa over the years.
It is generally rock solid and apart from replacing wheel and steering bearings, brake disks and fluids, there is not much to worry about.

Even those hard items are not due till about the 5 year mark in most cases.

Check for any sign of crash damage carefully before buying.

I reckon a 30,000 k busa would be much better value than a 20,000 ZX12 BUT this is the busa club.

Don't forget the 99 subframe issue, starter back kick and second gear selector fork bounce, but hey, if they were perfect what would we have to talk about. Buy the Hayabusa, it's got to be a bucket list must do for any serious motorcycle enthusiast.
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum