Ouch! - Road Paint
Folks,

This isn't new to anyone, but mainly a cautionary tale about just how slippery road lines can be. And believe me they are slippery suckers in the wet - at any speed.

This evenning I dropped the bike having lost the front on road lines in light rain. I wasn't going fast as I had slowed down for traffic lights - about 10k/h. As I coasted to the lights ( I was the only vehcle) I moved from the right lane to the left and on crossing the lane stripes just lost it. No warning, no sudden movement or braking - as i said coasting with a little front brake and over I go - not real good for the confidence.

The positive side to it is that neither my daughter who was on the back of the bike or I was injured (except pride of course). The other is that Im sure I wont have to argue quite so much to get her to wear protective clothing even for short rides - but then thats another story; as i keep telling her they are called accidents because they aren't planned!

Cheers
mate im glad your daughter and you are safe and well mate , i know exactly what you mean with those lines mate there slippery little suckers mate , i hope your daughter wears safty gear from now on

stay safe mate

big kev
Glad everyone is ok.

Much damage to the bike?
Yes, I agree, OUCH!

You can't trust any white lines, even if they look like they have the regulation sand in the paint to give them grip.

I was with a guy who clipped a white line on the Oxley once and he ended up 150 metres away with a broken colarbone and a written off Blackbird.
That one was at about 60 kph.

Very glad you are both ok Steven.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(02-10-2009, 09:54pm)steventh Wrote: Folks,

This isn't new to anyone, but mainly a cautionary tale about just how slippery road lines can be. And believe me they are slippery suckers in the wet - at any speed.

This evenning I dropped the bike having lost the front on road lines in light rain. I wasn't going fast as I had slowed down for traffic lights - about 10k/h. As I coasted to the lights ( I was the only vehcle) I moved from the right lane to the left and on crossing the lane stripes just lost it. No warning, no sudden movement or braking - as i said coasting with a little front brake and over I go - not real good for the confidence.

The positive side to it is that neither my daughter who was on the back of the bike or I was injured (except pride of course). The other is that Im sure I wont have to argue quite so much to get her to wear protective clothing even for short rides - but then thats another story; as i keep telling her they are called accidents because they aren't planned!

Cheers

Glad you're okay Steve, one of my horros is the thought of dropping the bike with Mary or the kids on the back. Glad you're both okay.

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Astro,

Not a great deal; paint stuffed - tarmac is a very good abrassive! Unfortunately its all expensive on a bike - especially a gen 2 whihc has twice the number of panels (but not at half the price for each!)

Where are those Oggis I was going to fit!

Cheers
Glad you are both ok Steve....the bike has been through the wars mate!! glad to hear she is still A ok though.
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
(07-10-2009, 07:31am)humbussa Wrote: Glad you are both ok Steve....the bike has been through the wars mate!! glad to hear she is still A ok though.

You didn't put a curse on it did you?
ha ha ha nah mate no curse but i blessed it after i crashed it for letting me live does that count!!
I'd rather be riding my Hayabusa thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my Hayabusa
Yep, it works for me.

At least with a few scratches Im not so paranoid of little old ladies in car parks.

Cheers
Yep, it works for me.

At least with a few scratches Im not so paranoid of little old ladies in car parks.

Cheers
Glad you are both ok Steve

I dont understand why they cant put sand etc in the paint would have to help a bit Idiot2
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Hi Rod,

Thanks for the wishes

It appears it may not have just been the white lines. My daughter tells me she felt the back slip out after the back wheel went over the top of the catseye at the start of the line. If you have ever inspected those they are maade from nice shiny plastic so zero grip.

Cheers