Mark Sutherland (16/12/1969 - 11/10/2009)

Mark Sutherland (16/12/1969 - 11/10/2009)

Words and pictures by Fiona Sutherland (FiFi)

Born in Northern Territory but lived all over the place growing up. He worked in telecommunications, loved his fords and motorbikes.

He was larger than life and loved making people laugh. He never had a bad bone in his body and would have given the shirt off his back to help anyone.

I remember an incident he kept talking about where on his way to work one night he stopped at a service station to get petrol when he noticed a lady with her 3 young children in the car. She had a flat tyre and no one was willing to help. Mark took it upon him self to get out the jack and promptly fix her tyre. He said she looked frightened (it was after 10pm at night) and the kids were very quiet in the back of the car. After fixing her tyre she wanted to pay him or go buy him a lottery ticket however as was with Mark he refused. He said that maybe one day if I was ever in need that someone would be willing to help me.

The help and kindness I have received from the Hayabusa website is on a much grander scale but Mark did believe in what comes around goes around. Just thought you might like that story.

He was my soul-mate and there will never be another. He was irreplaceable (not that I want to) and I am absolutely honoured to call him my husband but most of all my best friend.

Cheers

Fifi

Fiona and Mark on their Wedding Day

Mark's Bike

Mark Sutherland (Mark_S) had only been a member here for a few weeks when he was tragically taken from us by a driver who crossed to the wrong side of the road. In that short time he made such a profound impression here that many members deeply mourned his passing.

(Excerpt from a previous post)

MadMax, Simmo, Babybusa, BigKev, Pan, Blackzook, Ruffy and I were privileged to be in attendance at the very moving and emotional tribute to Mark Sutherland (Mark_S).

Mark Sutherland seems to have had the same effect wherever he went. Based on what we heard, he was a larger than life character, a true 'giver', a wonderful husband and step-dad and a dedicated member of the community. A man who was universally liked by all he met. Friendly, open, caring, reliable, committed and (this theme was repeated a few times) very big on elaborate practical jokes. Big macho on the outside... big softie on the inside. Always the first to lend a hand.

I feel sad that I never had the chance to meet him. There is absolutely no doubt he would have been an outstanding member of this club and we are certainly poorer for his loss.

He was piped into the chapel by a Highland bag-piper whilst his mates from the NSW Rural Fire Service formed an honour guard. The place was packed... standing room only. Most of us stood outside and listened through the open doors. Outside the chapel was parked the fire tender upon which he served.

We had an opportunity to make ourselves known to Fiona and she was very welcoming and very thankful that we had attended on behalf of the club. Despite having suffered a terrible and tragic loss, she stayed to chat with us about what the forum had meant to Mark and share other snippets of insight into the man we never got to meet. Thank you Fiona.

R.I.P Mark Sutherland (Mark_S)
We'll miss you Beefer Frown
R.I.P Mark
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Mark
You will be missed from our company big fella, sadly you have joined with our other brothers and sister who have gone ahead to ride Heaven's winding roads where there are no speed-traps, angry motorists or blind stupid car drivers to threaten you in your new riding place.

Rocket, Jewels, Dirtbags, Balls and the others will give you company while you wait for the rest of us. Ride hard.

Rest and ride in peace.

Max: (The other Mark S) HayabusaGrouphugGrouphugHayabusa
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Cant believe six months has gone by. Time certainly has flown by and didnt stop to say goodbye. Hopefully Marky is still hanging around to ensure that Im ok as most days are still hard to get through.

I wanted to thank again to all those at this forum who have welcomed me into the Busa family and continue to be great friends who you can count on.

Love you all... MWAH!!!!
Smitten May Marky always be with me and guide me through life Smitten
(29-03-2010, 03:22pm)Fifi_Sutho Wrote: Cant believe six months has gone by. Time certainly has flown by and didnt stop to say goodbye. Hopefully Marky is still hanging around to ensure that Im ok as most days are still hard to get through.

I wanted to thank again to all those at this forum who have welcomed me into the Busa family and continue to be great friends who you can count on.

Love you all... MWAH!!!!

Yes its very hard when special days come along like birthdays wedding day xmas etc But think of all the good times and hope they can help ease the pain .
Thinking of you Fifi
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
FiFi is a sister to this Hayabusa family. We hardly got any time to get to know her man. We will be here whenever and if ever you need a big brother sweat heart.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Its been a year since Marky was taken from me... I have had extreme lows to having moderately ok days.. I guess thats all par for the course about this journey that Im now on... Time has sped on so quick however it still feels like yesterday that I was given this tragic news....

I want to thank all my Busa brothers and sisters for making this year easier on my just by being my friend and offering your support throughout this journey so far. I know Marky would have been extremely honoured to have been a member longer and I know that he would have made wonderful contributions to this wonderful club....

I can only hope that hes happy and content wherever he may be and that hes running amok with all of the Busa brothers and sisters that have passed before him and after him... He really knew how to make a person smile and feel important...

I Love You Marky..... One day soon I hope to see you again...

Proud and Honoured to be your wife..

Fifi

Smitten
Smitten May Marky always be with me and guide me through life Smitten
Thinking of you Fiona and the rest of Marks family
R.I.P Mark
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
you and your famliy are in our thourts and our hearts Fifi , RIP Mark ,
Same here
Beautifully said Fifi
Yeah Fifi, very nicely said.....

I sincerely hope that the ever-lasting love that you guys shared together will help to carry you through those moments that hurt the most.....stay strong.....and don't ever stop believing......we're all right here with you!

with much Smitten,
bazman.
For me a man that can come onto a forum and make such an impact one can only feel that to do that he must indeed be special. I felt a loss in Marks passing and had not even had the privilege of meeting him, so I cannot even begin to imagine the loss felt from those who knew and shared his world. Fond thoughts always Fifi for you and your girls.
Thinking of you Fiona on these tough Days
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com