Windows 7 or vista..?
Hi to all
I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?
(28-10-2009, 07:59pm)embertin Wrote: Hi to all
I am planning to buy new laptop.But confused little which system to buy.So please share your experience so i can get some ideas.which one is better..?

Hi fuckbag
(28-10-2009, 07:59pm)embertin Wrote: Hi to all

Go the seven. Just make sure you've got plenty of memory (min 4Gb I reckon) That was the big issue with Vista when it came out apparently. Lots of 1Gb machines trying to run heavy Vista. I'm running SP1 Vista on a 4Gb memory Dell with no drama's. I much prefer Vista to XP and will probably upgrade to seven just for cause I can. It took a while for Vista to recieve a service pack so it is buyer beware. Have you checked ant aussie puter mags yet? There should be some reviews out by now.
Definitely 7. The program is alot smaller than vista. 7 will run with 1Ghz processor with 1Ghz of ram (minimum system requirements). Alot smaller "footprint" as it was explained to me. Also does not have all of the shit that vista has. Vista is a very "polite" program always asking you if you if you give programs permission to well do pretty much anything which can become annoying. Also 7 will boot alot quicker than vista.
For the love of Jeebers - Do not buy Vista!!! - I did and it is f****d (that is the correct technical term i beleive) Finally got a service pack the other day and now it runs heaps slower.
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
still using XP SP3 very happily here.
Seems Microsoft just keeps getting more and more of a memory hog in my opinion.
Nothing special about 7 either from what I have read. (IMO)

I would also be careful jumping into new products as there are always probs for the first year or so until things get sorted.
Google some 7 reviews.
I'm looking for a new lappy, but will not buy one unless it's got XP SP3. I don't like the others.
The main reason is that I have a fair bit of Astronomy software for driving my telescopes that may or may not work on Vista or 7. I'm not willing to take the chance. It all works well on XP & so I'll stick with that.
(29-10-2009, 12:34pm)Louwai Wrote: I'm looking for a new lappy, but will not buy one unless it's got XP SP3. I don't like the others.
The main reason is that I have a fair bit of Astronomy software for driving my telescopes that may or may not work on Vista or 7. I'm not willing to take the chance. It all works well on XP & so I'll stick with that.

Good luck Bryan i just got new lappy i to tried to find one with Xp with no luck with what i wanted so i have Vista and plan on sending away for the free upgrade to 7
Now i need to get all my crap of my old no go lap any ideas
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
7 can't be any worse than Vista. If no good can always go back to XP for cheap.
Still running XP SP3 myself..
XP aint cheap, i just bought a new laptop & had 2 pay extra for one with xp(even though its a downgrade) Scary
@louwai - The two upper versions of windows 7 I believe can run XP app's with a free add on but the home premium cant.

I dont know about anyone else but XP SP 3 slowed my system down and caused all sorts of troubles. Had to reload SP2 to fix it.
Hi all,

I would like to suggest here,
How is Windows 7 different from Vista or XP

Generally:
Faster, less requirements to run, new features.

Features: "Compare" Slide one window all the way to the side and it will cover the screen. Same for another window. Good for comparing and swapping files.

Different interface with different task-bar.

A few more control panel options.
Overall, it's really just a major update of Vista. Such as Mac OS X Snow Leopard vs. Snow Leopard.
Why do I feel we are stealthily being spammed buy this new bunch of newbies that have just joined Pi_tongue
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
(29-10-2009, 07:26pm)CarbonBusa Wrote: Why do I feel we are stealthily being spammed buy this new bunch of newbies that have just joined Pi_tongue

Because you are right Clap. Ive been waiting for someone else to pick this up
So my PM to you didn't give it away.