harrasment by NSW police
Hi guys n girls just wanting to know if any of our NSW members have had harrasment from NSW police, (while on there bikes)

The UMC (united motorcycle council of NSW),is asking for other clubs like the (AHC) to write up spercific,s of the harrassment.times dates and if possible the officers name's

and they are going to compile all of it and hand the NSW government all the paper work . All bike clubs (not just patch clubs) have been haressed quiet alot buy opperation RAPTOR but all riders young and old are the recipients of harressment at some time on there bikes from NSW police

so if you can please email it to me at big_kev9@hotmail.com

thanks guys
I've had nothing but help. Always had fines down graded
/
Kev sent Russ on this site a pm, He has run into them
Kev,
Whenever a NSW Highway Patrol pulls a cage driver or Motorcyclist over it is generally all recorded & videoed by a camera located on the centre of the dash of the highway patrol car. It is my personel experience now to have viewed one of these videos, where a fair bit of what should have been recorded during the filming was either drowned out by radio static or convieniently edited out by person's of unknown identity. In my case, lucky the visual film was not edited. Unfortunately, the videos are convieniently covered under Commonweath Copyright. These Copyright laws should be removed & how can the NSW Police Department give the NSW public a guarantee that the videos can not be edited either audibly or visually ? The police officer concerned did not harrass me & behaved in a proffessional manner. Just lacked a little technical training in the speed measurement device that he was operatingPi_thumbsup
you are correct but unfortunatly there is harressment by the NSW police against riders (patch club or not) and were just trying to get the point across to the NSW government , and we are a minority on the road and as 1 part of the delegate for this club i feel that its in the best intrests to support this cause.
Exactley,

In most cases, the alleged harrassment should be fully recorded on an audibly & visually "UN-EDITED" video !

Cheers
Keep Up The Good Work, "Your A Brave Man"
Careful you don't become a target
ive been a target for the cops mate i still get them droping in from time to time. i did my time and now im looking to better the future of motorcycleing for every 1 it has to start some where and with some one

im greatfull to all members for there support
I not sure but the so called Raptor group may not be the full time highway patrol Guys, I have never hear of HP to tell you to put you hands up in the air when you get pulled up, they maybe a swass type set up.
Too cold for me to ride at the moment, but for the last month or so I have notice 2-3 groups of riders every weekend (both days) on my way to work from the Mountains, and wondered if they're getting hassled.

Some of these groups look like they are even wearing colours and there are plenty of cops around on the Great Western Highway (M4), so if there is any harrassment I'm sure these groups are experiencing it.

Can you give us feedback on replies you have had? Would like to know what to expect once I've sorted my front brakes out and get back on the road - I'm already facing '12 months good behaviour' on my licence. :(
Carpe Diem!
I may go out and do some trolling this weekend...
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
RAPTOR is a strikeforce they put together, taken members from different areas of the force & assembled them together. The ones in the highway cars would have been full time highway before going into RAPTOR.
The hands in the air bit would just be officer safety type deal as they are meant to target OMCG & there would be some OMCG people who wouldn't think twice about pulling a weapon.