What chance do we have
This is the latest add from the VIC government http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shOZamchXiE

What chance do we have as a group when the powers that be see all biker riders in this light.
What the f*** are our representitive bodies doing? How the f*** could they let the government get away with airing that crap.
What a disturbing ad!!!

They mention that riders are at risk, whether it be their fault or not. The ad shows car doors being opened on riders, people stepping out into the path of motorcyclists, but fails to mention that some drivers use their vehicles as weapons against a motorcyclist Idiot2.

Personally, I haven't seen motorcyclists exit a driveway or ride in the manner first shown or lane spilt to the extent shown.....I don't doubt that there are some clowns that do ride like that and unfortunately they are the ones that give motorcycling a bad name Frown.

Motorcycling seems to focus on safety rather than the good things that you can experience as a rider, like the feeling of freedom, the open road etc.

In regards to 'how can the ad go to air'? Who does the government consult with? Who is advised that the ad will be aired?......Probably nobody and if there is someone consulted with or advised the timeframe is probably too minimal to do anything about it.
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
I guess it depends how you take it Confused I watched it a few times and each time saw simply what had been drummed into me at a rider education program some thirty years ago that ...............
When your laying in hospital with a leg amputation or worse still dead .......... who's fault it was is almost a mute point. They also went on to say that no matter what the accident, at some point you would find you had contributed to it occuring in some way.
Being rather new to the land of banana's, the lack of protective gear worn here compared to the "Mexicans" certianly stands out.
Sadly also there are many riders who do ride as the add depicts and I think in honesty in doing so one would have to admit increase their chances of becoming a statistic somewhat in doing so.
I take the add to be more aimed at the rider in trying to get "Us" as riders to take more control of out destiny more so than trying to educate the car driver. This could be why when I ride the concentration factor is about 20% on controlling my bike and 80% on anticipation of what those around me are going to do. Has kept me alive these past 35 years with ass on seat.
We are and always will be a minority group and as such as usual will rarely be catered for.
Just my 2 cents .............. certianly most interested to see how others view the add Knuppel2
ps I think it will only be a matter of time before a "BASE" compulsory code of dress is introduced such as
All skin to be covered, fully enclosed footwear and gloves etc I'm not saying I agree but there are times when some need to be protected from them selves.
Ok going for a ride .............. lunch at 1770 Biker Biker Biker
The problem with it is that car drivers attitudes towards us will be worse now that we are shown yet again as a bunch of reckless hoons with total disregard for our own safety as well as other road users.

An example of the general car driver towards us all;
About 18 months ago while traveling to work on the M4 in Sydney the traffic was banked up all the way to Penrith and we werent moving, there had been a fatality near Eastern Creek, a rider had been run over by a 4wd after being knocked off his bike by a step ladder that came off the back of a ute. After 2 hours I got to work a lot of people were talking about it, I over heard one person say "f*** em, the way bikers ride he deserved it". I almost punched the bitch in the face for saying it.

That is what 90% of the car driving (bike riders excluded) think of us, and this advertisement reinforces that attitude towards us.
If it worries you complain to FACTS.

It normally only takes a couple of legit. complaints to have a TV commercial taken off.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I tend to agree with Pete, however I can see where ur coming from Cas.
TAC, over the last few years has alway's been at the front with "Shock" ad's for motorcycling, just look at all the mobile billboards that get shoved onto the highways and roads riders frequent when the GP or Supers are on. VicPol on bikes wear more protective gear when riding than their Interstate cousins and they are trying to convince other motorcyclists to do the same, that's a good thing. The highest CTP payouts on bikes are to pillion passengers (5million bucks average per pillion rider) in the over 40 bracket (Rider) on a bike 1300cc's or larger! Guess what? When I pushed QBE for more answers, the guy referred to Harley riders going through their midlife crisis (lol) with some young chicky babe hangin' off the back with skimpy gear on, apparently they crash a lotIdiot2. Why am I not surprised!!!Bump
This whole subject is a minefield, perhaps TAC should spend their money on shock ad's for P plate drivers and re educating drivers who show blatant disregard to motorcyclists.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy

ps: 1770 is a nice part of the coastPi_thumbsup
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

(27-11-2009, 05:12am)#CAS# Wrote: This is the latest add from the VIC government http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shOZamchXiE

What chance do we have as a group when the powers that be see all biker riders in this light.
What the f*** are our representitive bodies doing? How the f*** could they let the government get away with airing that crap.

i have just send the MCC this youtube clip and this will hopefully not creep into NSW.when or if you guys ever have a problem that may need the motorcycle councils help please dont hesitate to contact kathy(babybusa) or my self as we are AHC delegate and we can take your questions and problem to the council and get some answers for you
Propaganda campain. 99.9% of riders are competent and sensible on the road. The other 0.1% are harley riders , lol
(27-11-2009, 09:46am)99sydrd Wrote: Propaganda campain. 99.9% of riders are competent and sensible on the road. The other 0.1% are harley riders , lol

Lol!!!!Lol2
Stop your bloody whinging you lot.

Just take your Effexor and stay indoors with the playstation.

Learn your place.
how about ads for brain dead P platers who turn up dead every news bulletin. Always a car full of people and generally the driver survives. 1 drift course and they think they're Ken Block.... Where's the ads for drunken drivers or uneducated dipshits who think their car's the quickest or overloaded, P plated cars???? Seems we're surrounded by 1 dimensional, tunnel visioned suits who couldn't tell shit from clay if they did the taste testBikerBikerBiker
(27-11-2009, 11:34am)Camel Wrote: Stop your bloody whinging you lot.

Just take your Effexor and stay indoors with the playstation.

Learn your place.

Whos on the antis?

lol.
It was pretty effective for both riders and drivers I thought..
Whether it would sink in to drivers, that is another thing..
In my opinion the ad is fine.
It simply shows the results of recklessness.
If you plan to ride agressively and without 100% attention, the results are predictable. The longer you ride in that fashion, the more likely the end result.

Ride to the conditions, have fun and live long.
(this doesn't mean you have to be a slug out there).
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Shy 
I think that if the truth be known, Its that car drivers are jealous that they need a car with about 1000HP just to keep up with a bike!!!! LOL!!
2009 Super Duke
2011 Aprilia RS 125
Honda Lead ScooterBiker