Baffles for Yoshi Exhaust
Hi all, I have a set of Carbon Fibre Yoshi mufflers on my 'busa, and have a set of baffle or sound restrictors that go in the rear end of each muffler. They have holes to fix them with something, but not screws by the looks as there are no threads. I am presuming that they are supposed to be pop riveted in place. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, are there any particular types of pop rivets that are supposed to be used?
Cheers
Pastor
Mine used a small screw to hold them in place. On mine there is a threaded nut thingy between the inner and outer sleeve on the external end of the baffle.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
(23-12-2009, 04:30pm)Busdriver Wrote: Mine used a small screw to hold them in place. On mine there is a threaded nut thingy between the inner and outer sleeve on the external end of the baffle.
Hmmm...I can only suppose that my threaded nut thingy's are missing. I wonder if they can be bought from suppliers of Yoshi pipes?
Cheers
Pastor
Get in touch with the good folks at Bike Gear Warehouse...they are the importers for all things Yoshi.
(23-12-2009, 07:43pm)CJ03 Wrote: Get in touch with the good folks at Bike Gear Warehouse...they are the importers for all things Yoshi.

Thanks, I have sent off an email to them and will see what they have to say.
Cheers
Pastor
(23-12-2009, 02:31pm)Pastor Wrote: Hi all, I have a set of Carbon Fibre Yoshi mufflers on my 'busa, and have a set of baffle or sound restrictors that go in the rear end of each muffler. They have holes to fix them with something, but not screws by the looks as there are no threads. I am presuming that they are supposed to be pop riveted in place. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, are there any particular types of pop rivets that are supposed to be used?
Cheers
Pastor

I would have to ask why you would be putting the restrictors in, what sort of mufflers are they and are they too loud? I have R77 slip ons unrestricted and I would have liked them to be a little louder. I have had no problems from the local Police even though they have said if they can put their batten down the pipe then a defect could be issuedPi_thumbsdown.
(28-12-2009, 10:30am)Lucky 85 Wrote:
(23-12-2009, 02:31pm)Pastor Wrote: Hi all, I have a set of Carbon Fibre Yoshi mufflers on my 'busa, and have a set of baffle or sound restrictors that go in the rear end of each muffler. They have holes to fix them with something, but not screws by the looks as there are no threads. I am presuming that they are supposed to be pop riveted in place. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, are there any particular types of pop rivets that are supposed to be used?
Cheers
Pastor

I would have to ask why you would be putting the restrictors in, what sort of mufflers are they and are they too loud? I have R77 slip ons unrestricted and I would have liked them to be a little louder. I have had no problems from the local Police even though they have said if they can put their batten down the pipe then a defect could be issuedPi_thumbsdown.

Hi Lucky, I am not sure what type of Yoshi's they are, I will post a pic and what I am talking about - perhaps you can identify them. They came with the bike. When I put the bike through for a blue slip (something necessary for changing over interstate rego in NSW), I do not want the pipes to cause a problem. They are loud, though I like them without the sound restrictors, so I would like to insert them before taking in for an inspection.
Cheers
Pastor                
Why not go for the blue slip and see what happens....if worst comes to worst, I have a pair of Gen I mufflers you can borrow for the rego and then return them (I'm keeping them for the same reason).
(28-12-2009, 01:50pm)CJ03 Wrote: Why not go for the blue slip and see what happens....if worst comes to worst, I have a pair of Gen I mufflers you can borrow for the rego and then return them (I'm keeping them for the same reason).

I could do that, though will probably tap the holes and use short allen key domed bolts to hold them in place, then remove them upon completion of the inspection. It is a cheap fix and will make placing or removing restrictors a quick and easy task.
Cheers
Pastor
(28-12-2009, 01:50pm)CJ03 Wrote: Why not go for the blue slip and see what happens....if worst comes to worst, I have a pair of Gen I mufflers you can borrow for the rego and then return them (I'm keeping them for the same reason).

I agree, whats the worst that can happen? The pipes are different from mine and I see why they would be loud as the opening is bigger. Just be sure to mention the mufflers to your insurance company. I have informed my insurance company and there was no worries with putting the mufflers on just had let them know I had put them on.
(28-12-2009, 08:42pm)Lucky 85 Wrote:

I agree, whats the worst that can happen? The pipes are different from mine and I see why they would be loud as the opening is bigger. Just be sure to mention the mufflers to your insurance company. I have informed my insurance company and there was no worries with putting the mufflers on just had let them know I had put them on.

You may be right - perhaps I'll try that. Thanks CJ03 for the offer of short term use of your mufflers. By the way can anyone identify the 'yoshi's on my bike?
Cheers
RS-3 CARBON BOLT-ON DUAL
http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-1946-520-...-dual.aspx
Shayne
(29-12-2009, 08:29am)abusa Wrote: RS-3 CARBON BOLT-ON DUAL
http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-1946-520-...-dual.aspx

Thanks Shane, mystery solved.
Cheers
(28-12-2009, 02:28pm)Pastor Wrote:

I could do that, though will probably tap the holes and use short allen key domed bolts to hold them in place, then remove them upon completion of the inspection. It is a cheap fix and will make placing or removing restrictors a quick and easy task.
Cheers
Pastor
An update folks - using my glasses and seeing past the black exhaust coating on the holes to tap a thread into for the screws/bolts to hold the sound restrictors in, I found an existing thread! I can only blame my age and failing eyesight. 10 minutes later the restrictors were in thanks to the local motorcycle shop which provided free the spring clips and screws.
Ah Well, alls well that ends well I guess! Now for the blue slip...
Cheers
Pastor
May be a stupid question but do all yoshimura exhausts have removable baffles. I getting one put on my bike after the accident and was wondering.
ONLY WHEN WE RISK DEATH DO WE FEEL MOST ALIVE