clutch rattle
bike has a clutch rattle its done 42000 km 06 model bike shop bought it from says "its a busa thing some just make this rattle after 30,000km"?
Idiot2 is this true or do i need go back there andKnuppel2
only if there is a problem as far as i know Confused
Regards,
Shane
(26-02-2010, 02:10pm)busa666 Wrote: bike has a clutch rattle its done 42000 km 06 model bike shop bought it from says "its a busa thing some just make this rattle after 30,000km"?
Idiot2 is this true or do i need go back there andKnuppel2

Might be your balance shaft fella!

manual tells you how to tighten it.

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Unless the bike has been drag raced for a long period there shouldn't be alot of clutch rattle (only slight) for the kilometers the bike has travelled. Or maybe someone has swapped the whole clutch assembly for an old one! The wear that occurs is mainly on the aluminium clutch basket and inner hub where the steel clutch plates (both steels and fibres) contact.A dose of fresh engine oil preferably thicker viscosity, may reduce the noise a little or slightly.The clutch is a wear and tear item like tyres, but it shouldn't be rattling loudly for those kilometers travelled.Good luck with the bike shop.
BTL can make them a bit noisier than other bikes but there have also been issues with the studs that the sping bolts screw into coming loose , if in doubt pull the cover and look, or take it back to be inspected
If its nothing you pay a small amount for peace of mind, if it is something it should be covered by the shop ..
yeah there the ones that said oh its just a busa thing so thought who better to ask than true busa experts like yourselvesTrophy